Sponsored

Does anyone know how to remove this door handle trim piece?

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
Unfortunately the door panel on an F150 is one solid piece plastic welded together. If you're looking at replacing that part the entire door panel will have to be replaced.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Unfortunately the door panel on an F150 is one solid piece plastic welded together. If you're looking at replacing that part the entire door panel will have to be replaced.
I am pretty sure there is a way to separate the door handle from the door panel, it doesn't look like a solid piece. Perhaps that specific trim is welded to the entire door handle section, where the windows/lock controls are, but it doesn't look like the door handle is welded to the panel.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I am pretty sure there is a way to separate the door handle from the door panel, it doesn't look like a solid piece. Perhaps that specific trim is welded to the entire door handle section, where the windows/lock controls are, but it doesn't look like the door handle is welded to the panel.
I too underestimated the stupidity of Ford when removing door trim pieces. It's indeed plastic welded and not removable.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You may be able to separate it, but expect to break it in the process.

Ford will only sell you full door panel as one unit. All the plastic is welded together.

The only thing you can remove are switches and some panels covering screws.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
:cautious: OK, will have to think about another solution then. That trim piece has like an 1/8 of an inch movement and when it gets pushed in when I grab the door handle or with my knee while driving it squeaks and triggers my OCD.
Thank you all.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yes...take off the the WHOLE panel
look at the insides and see where the plastics have been heat welded ( bad term)
you can cut those, but its not going to be pretty

why are you wanting to remove it, if i may?
this is my rear passenger door, its not designed for taking apart , but it could be done

Ford F-150 Does anyone know how to remove this door handle trim piece? 20220806_131802

Ford F-150 Does anyone know how to remove this door handle trim piece? 20220806_131807

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes...take off the the WHOLE panel
look at the insides and see where the plastics have been heat welded ( bad term)
you can cut those, but its not going to be pretty

why are you wanting to remove it, if i may?
this is my rear passenger door, its not designed for taking apart , but it could be done

20220806_131802.jpg

20220806_131807.jpg

Oh, that's ridiculous. Couldn't they find a stupidest way to do this?!
I wonder if the driver's door is the same.

There is a tiny gap between this piece and the big handle and when you push on it - intentionally or unintentionally - it squeaks and it pisses me off 😁, so I was thinking of simply remove it and put something inside, like a foam or another "filler" to stop the moving.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Oh, that's ridiculous. Couldn't they find a stupidest way to do this?!
I wonder if the driver's door is the same.

There is a tiny gap between this piece and the big handle and when you push on it - intentionally or unintentionally - it squeaks and it pisses me off 😁, so I was thinking of simply remove it and put something inside, like a foam or another "filler" to stop the moving.
oh i would pull the whole panel and see if there is a loose heat weld or something
maybe a bit of double side tape or ???

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If the entire door handle is welded to the panel, I don't think you can reach or even see that outer piece.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
If the entire door handle is welded to the panel, I don't think you can reach or even see that outer piece.
Have you tried to remove that painted piece itself? I know on the rear doors I saw the bronze painted piece as a specific part on the parts site.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tried to remove that painted piece itself? I know on the rear doors I saw the bronze painted piece as a specific part on the parts site.
Tried, but there was too much resistance for clips so I did not pursue further, didn't want to break it.
Sponsored