How hard to remove leather seat covers?

Poorredman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501a PB Smoked Quartz
I have 2 kids seats in the back, currently using towels underneath to protect the leather. My research of products designed to protect seats seem to all have some review saying the protector itself left marks, stains, or indentations.

I have the slate interior, so a light gray leather.

Found someone selling the cloth covers from a '21 XLT and wondering if a better option is to remove the leather from the rear seats and use cloth until the kids are out of the child seats.

Is there any risk of damaging the leather when removing? Or is it pretty easy?
Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I have 2 kids seats in the back, currently using towels underneath to protect the leather. My research of products designed to protect seats seem to all have some review saying the protector itself left marks, stains, or indentations.

I have the slate interior, so a light gray leather.

Found someone selling the cloth covers from a '21 XLT and wondering if a better option is to remove the leather from the rear seats and use cloth until the kids are out of the child seats.

Is there any risk of damaging the leather when removing? Or is it pretty easy?
removing the plastic rods that clip into foam to form contour can be kind of tricky. If you attempt this make sure its in a warm shop and let seats warm up before dissabley or you risk breaking clips. Covercraft make a Carhartt canvas seat covers that fit snugly over oem that would be another option. I had those on my rear seat of 2019 F150. When I sold the truck and removed them the leather was in perfect shape. They are custom fit and a bit pricey around 300.00 but well worth it for ease of installation and great protection