Sponsored

Did the XLT Powerboost lose the full digital instrument display?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Biggest issue I have seen is the smaller XLT display has poorly chosen design. Crams everything into the tiny screen in weird locations.
If they fixed that then I think more would be happy with it.
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I don't understand why it can't be added with software? (Ford doing so to respond to what must have been an oversight)
Or is the screen real estate not programmable like that?

I watch the digital gauges change scale and location on the full digital panel seemingly without limitations.
Turning on Navigation, for example.
Or Bluecruise engaging.
Or changing driving modes.

So why wouldn't that upper portion that appears to be 100% digital, programmable?
I know very little about these trucks, but all I've found so far are the two middle gauges can be changed. For example, I changed my middle right gauge to show Boost. However, at no time can I get an actual read out.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I know very little about these trucks, but all I've found so far are the two middle gauges can be changed. For example, I changed my middle right gauge to show Boost. However, at no time can I get an actual read out.
Do the upper 4 all-digital gauges move or separate to make room for upcoming navigation reminders?

Or do they move at all under any circumstances?

I know it's technologically possible because Ford moves those same gauges around in both scale and spacing on the Lariat+ panel.

trabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost, 2016 Highlander
Occupation
Titanium and Plastic
Damn my XLT is on the way and this thread made me sad. I think I drove a lariat, didn't think the dash would be different. Oh well, $6k for ventilated seats wasn't worth it... I guess the dash isn't either.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Do the upper 4 all-digital gauges move or separate to make room for upcoming navigation reminders?

I know it's technologically possible because Ford moves those same gauges around in both scale and spacing on the Lariat+ panel.
Af far a I know, they never move. They are permanently where they are, and for the most part, are just idiot gauges. As the water temperature goes up, the gauge moves to the half way point and just stays there. The turbo boost gauge will move depending on how much the turbos are engaged, but there is no numerical number displayed to tell me how much boost is being developed.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
If it makes you feel better the full digital cluster doesn't give a number for boost either. Can only add temperatures for coolant and transmission.

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A

It's purely software. They could make it look however they want within the bound of the screen resolution, which I don't believe is a limiting factor. Maybe they just don't want it to be so cluttered. Some design engineer wasn't satisfied on the aesthetics...

Spudnutz

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Powerboost XLT, 99 Ford F250 Powerstroke
Occupation
Self-Employed
I have been looking online for new Powerboost and I noticed the XLT appears to no longer have the full digital display. Is this true? The digital dash only seems to be on Lariat and up packages (which im not willing to pay) If this is the case im not happy. I HATE the XLT gauges and it would pretty much prevent me from buying a f150. There is just something unappealing about the two chrome circle gauges.
XLT never had it.
Sponsored