Sponsored

Delivery Milage and Early FordPass Access

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
I have a 22 Platinum on order. It was built on 8/18/22.

I added the truck to Fordpass last week. Since it was scheduled to be built on 8/18, I tried to activate it with Fordpass. This afternoon I received an email from Ford saying my activation was complete. I immediately went into FordPass to see. I have lock/unlock, start, air pressures, Pro Power, WiFi hotspot settings and most importantly the GPS information. My truck is currently sitting in the rail car loading lot in Michigan. How did I get to activate my truck? I thought you had to click the screen in the truck to activate it? If so, did someone click the screen to approve the activation?

Has this happened to anyone else? I searched but didn't find anything.

While looking at everything, I noticed my truck has 30 miles on it. Is this normal? Did something happen where they had to take it to another location to fix something? Did they take it for a joy ride at lunch today?

How many miles have your trucks been delivered with?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Yes. It is very possible that someone who started your truck read the screen and accepted the pairing. I've unpaired and re-paired my FordPAss app before when I switched to a new phone and this is what I had to do.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Someone acknowledged it. Only answer.
I had 9 miles at delivery.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
While looking at everything, I noticed my truck has 30 miles on it. Is this normal? Did something happen where they had to take it to another location to fix something? Did they take it for a joy ride at lunch today?

How many miles have your trucks been delivered with?
Mine was delivered with 32 miles. I know it went to a different location for the spray in bed liner.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
If the truck has any 3rd party work done it will have some miles on it. Also it may have been chosen for some "quality check" or had to something done to it after it was built. There are many things that may require the truck to be driven.

A hundred miles or so will not be unusual. Good luck with it.

Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I waited until I took delivery before activating Ford Pass. I had 5 miles on mine.

OP
OP

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
If the truck has any 3rd party work done it will have some miles on it. Also it may have been chosen for some "quality check" or had to something done to it after it was built. There are many things that may require the truck to be driven.

A hundred miles or so will not be unusual. Good luck with it.
I have no 3rd party add ons. Maybe it was a quality check.
Sponsored