FordPass Rewards and Parts.Ford.com

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I sorta hijacked another thread with mention of this, thought maybe it'd be of interest in its own thread ..... what I've learned about using FordPass Points for purchases through Parts.Ford.com ...
  • When selecting a dealer to get prices on Parts.Ford.com, prices differ between dealers (I have four within easy driving distance)
  • Prices listed on Parts.Ford.com for my closest local dealer are consistently below "MSRP" while their in-store / over-the-counter price for the same item is consistently above "MSRP", but that can vary between dealers
  • Not all dealers have an option for delivery and pay at the dealer on Parts.Ford.com (only one offered that option among the four close to me)
  • Lacking an option to pick-up and pay at the dealer there does not seem to be any mechanism for using FordPass Points for purchases through Parts.Ford.com
So, in my case, ordering through Parts.Ford.com with delivery and pay at my local dealer gets me both the lowest parts price and lets me use FordPass Points for payment.

I take a copy of my email order confirmation from Parts.Ford.com to show the dealer when I pick-up the parts so they won't 'automatically' write-up the parts at their 'normal over-the-counter' price (the difference can be significant, e.g. $70 on my first order!). That's a 'lesson learned', they did that the first time I used this process, but corrected it.

Just FYI, your situation my be different depending on dealer policies.
Sponsored

Last edited: