First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone else received an email from Ford offering early access to Bluecruise? I received an invite email yesterday. After signing up, they state that I will be notified in upcoming weeks by email that the update is ready to be used. Not sure if it will be ota or at a dealer? The $600 will be required at that point for 3 years of activation. Kind of psyched to actually be able to drive hands free on most highways.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I have not but I can say that I am jealous haha. Do you recall signing up for anything that would have helped with early access?

OP
OP
Desertdweller

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
I have not but I can say that I am jealous haha. Do you recall signing up for anything that would have helped with early access?
No, my build was Jan. 21st. Other than that I didn't do anything to get an early invite.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I got the email yesterday and signed up. My understanding is that the update will be done via OTA.

Sponsored

PWRGEN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Hybrid 4wd Max Tow
Occupation
Real Estate
I received something and have the option that allows me to add it. The gentleman's comment its hands fee is not totally accurate. Your required to keep hands on steering wheel and eyes focused on road. Many time I have been reminded to keep hands on wheel when cruise control is engaged or the it will cancel it. Same with Blue Cruise. Additionally a camera will check to make sure your eyes are on the road too. So $600 for Three years is reasonable and I may give it a try, but only good for long trips not in town, I prefer to be in control around town.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Signed up on Monday, for Bluecruise............................................

Dan Texas

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Got the same thing. About a month ago, I got an email from Ford inviting me to join the early access program for evaluating new software features; I promptly signed up. Then yesterday I got an email from them saying Blue Cruise would be rolled out to that program, and I again signed up for that. As mentioned above, they said it would be in the coming weeks.

I don’t identify anything I did to prompt this; likely it’s just random picks of people with trucks that are Blue Cruise capable. Of course, it could be my dashing good looks and charming personality…

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Ford F-150 Received invite for Early Access to BlueCruise update 1628113564438

BC is principally available on interstates & major highways. As the map shows, those of us out West get slim pickings. BC is advertised as hands-free, Erik...unlike lane centering. And yup, Ford put an informer in the cockpit with us, just to make sure we're not reading War & Peace. I'm glad to hear about the invitations, even if I didn't get one. I'm keen to give it a try.

Jack

Sponsored

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I received something and have the option that allows me to add it. The gentleman's comment its hands fee is not totally accurate. Your required to keep hands on steering wheel and eyes focused on road. Many time I have been reminded to keep hands on wheel when cruise control is engaged or the it will cancel it. Same with Blue Cruise. Additionally a camera will check to make sure your eyes are on the road too. So $600 for Three years is reasonable and I may give it a try, but only good for long trips not in town, I prefer to be in control around town.
hmm.. I’m curious, your profile says you have an XLT. i thought bluecruise was only available on the Lariat and up. I have an XLT so if this is available spill some more details. :)

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Well, you just made me search every folder including deleted and spam for every possible combination of blue and cruise and bluecruise. No dice :(
Can someone please post a copy of the email?

I want to email them ASAS. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get on the early access program for the F150 because I am all into tuning and other things, so it would be amazing to get ahold of these updates sooner or even it beta form.

PWRGEN

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Hybrid 4wd Max Tow
Occupation
Real Estate
hmm.. I’m curious, your profile says you have an XLT. i thought bluecruise was only available on the Lariat and up. I have an XLT so if this is available spill some more details. :)
I have over $20,000 in options, might as well be a lariat. The one that gives me the BC option is Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0, connected Built-in navigation (3-yr)

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Can you advise of what the e-mail was titled so I can see if I got one too?

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Can you advise of what the e-mail was titled so I can see if I got one too?
"Be one of the first to experience Ford BlueCruise" was the email title on the one I received.
Sponsored