Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
It being autonation could be part of the problem. I’ve heard they can be hot or miss when it comes to competency and actually wanting to work.
I bought the truck from them and they have been good about giving me a service loaner. No other dealerships in Houston will provide a loaner and even Autonation had me renting a vehicle for 3+ weeks before I got a loaner. Luckily Ford paid the bill for the rental since the repairs where covered under warranty. That trip the truck got a new rear window with slider replaced, a new diesel particulate filter and 5 recalls including two new axles.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
It being autonation could be part of the problem. I’ve heard they can be hot or miss when it comes to competency and actually wanting to work.
This applies to every dealership, not just AutoNation.

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I like the little diesel engine and don't want a gasser. I also would never own one of the hybrid trucks so my only option if I replace this is an F-250 or some other diesel truck brand.
Chevy has a little diesel too, the 3.0 they make is actually a pretty good unit and better than Ford's 3.0 in nearly every way. Not sure if you'd want a Chevy or GMC though. In my opinion, their diesel is one of the few things they did right.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
The original ticket with the complaint was before 36000 and they keep replacing something thinking it is fixed and return it to me. Within a day of so the problem is still there and I have to wait to return it to the dealership until they get another service loaner to give me. The last couple times I think they drug their feet hoping I would go away which is why the mileage is now at 39000.
Contact Ford customer service. They can facilitate the buy back. The problem with looking online is every state has different laws and their customer service follows the law per state, so they know. I had no pushback or issues getting my 2020 repurchased at full value when it was 22 months old with 20k.

gadourym

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Library Technician
About a year after I bought my truck, it spent 2 months of the summer at the dealer for repair. It was driveable but there was a stuck software update that tried every night and drained the battery. for 6 weeks, I had a loaner a 2-door Honda Civic. I reached out to Ford customer service, and they did reimburse me over $800 for a loan payment with a prepaid visa card. Can't hurt to contact them.

I eventually got a new APIM and battery and they truck has been fine since. Good luck with yours.

Smokewagun

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat Lightning
OP, sorry, but you need to stop being so passive. 130 days? You must not really care about driving loaners if you are willing to just let this go so long. At what point will YOU start raising hell?
Sorry to be blunt, but at some point, you are just as responsible if you as a paying consumer are willing to be taken advantage of by your dealer and Ford. Paying on a truck that sits at a dealer you can’t use? You DEALER is the real issue. They are NOT doing their part. I’ve been on that side, and two weeks would have been more than enough.
I had a 3.0L. Loved it, but it didn’t offer anything an EcoBoost couldn’t deliver and doing so much better, at a cheaper fuel cost. Ford AND your dealer should be working on a NEW truck deal.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I bought the truck from them and they have been good about giving me a service loaner. No other dealerships in Houston will provide a loaner and even Autonation had me renting a vehicle for 3+ weeks before I got a loaner.
Just curious which Autonation this is? West Katy, or Gulfgate?

Sponsored

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
When they find it probably someone on line pinched harness somewhere on assembly and broke a wire internally. It will be something dumb.
Having had this happen to me ^^^ THIS ^^^ is what immediately occurred to me.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
My truck has been sitting at the dealership in the service department for 135 days as of this post. I think I have given up on them being able to fix it and looking for help on the best plan for what my next step is. The truck has 39000 miles on it with an extended warranty but it can't simply be replaced with a new truck because it has the little Powerstroke diesel engine that is no longer available. I have been making payments on this truck that I never get to drive so is there a loophole to make Ford pay me back for those payments? Do I need a lemon law lawyer to help take care of this problem truck and does the lemon law have a mileage limit? I am not sure what my next step is but I'm sure this truck can not be fixed and needs to be replaced. I appreciate any input on my options from anyone that has dealt with a defective and unfixable vehicle.
These are the time/mileage limitations under Texas’s lemon law:

A Lemon Law complaint must be filed within six (6) months following the earlier of:

1. Expiration of the express warranty term;
  2. 24 months after purchase; or
  3. 24,000 miles following the date of delivery of the vehicle (except TRVs).
The filing period is determined by which of the above events comes first.

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law.

Since your truck is a relatively high-mileage 2021 with 39,000 miles that you haven’t driven it in over four months, there’s a good chance you are time-barred. But you should confirm.

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
These are the time/mileage limitations under Texas’s lemon law:

A Lemon Law complaint must be filed within six (6) months following the earlier of:

1. Expiration of the express warranty term;
  2. 24 months after purchase; or
  3. 24,000 miles following the date of delivery of the vehicle (except TRVs).
The filing period is determined by which of the above events comes first.

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law.

Since your truck is a relatively high-mileage 2021 with 39,000 miles that you haven’t driven it in over four months, there’s a good chance you are time-barred. But you should confirm.
I’d imagine the time limit would toll if it’s sitting at a dealership waiting to be repaired, or I’d hope a good lawyer would at least argue that it should. I don’t know where that would put the OP, but it seems fair.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck has been sitting at the dealership in the service department for 135 days as of this post. I think I have given up on them being able to fix it and looking for help on the best plan for what my next step is. The truck has 39000 miles on it with an extended warranty but it can't simply be replaced with a new truck because it has the little Powerstroke diesel engine that is no longer available. I have been making payments on this truck that I never get to drive so is there a loophole to make Ford pay me back for those payments? Do I need a lemon law lawyer to help take care of this problem truck and does the lemon law have a mileage limit? I am not sure what my next step is but I'm sure this truck can not be fixed and needs to be replaced. I appreciate any input on my options from anyone that has dealt with a defective and unfixable vehicle.
Hi there, Paul. These vehicle concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
OP, sorry, but you need to stop being so passive. 130 days? You must not really care about driving loaners if you are willing to just let this go so long. At what point will YOU start raising hell?
Sorry to be blunt, but at some point, you are just as responsible if you as a paying consumer are willing to be taken advantage of by your dealer and Ford. Paying on a truck that sits at a dealer you can’t use? You DEALER is the real issue. They are NOT doing their part. I’ve been on that side, and two weeks would have been more than enough.
I had a 3.0L. Loved it, but it didn’t offer anything an EcoBoost couldn’t deliver and doing so much better, at a cheaper fuel cost. Ford AND your dealer should be working on a NEW truck deal.
I think this is why they discontinued it. It didn't offer anything the 2.7 couldn't do better. Diesel can get a little better mileage but with the fuel cost...2.7 and a 36 gallon tank is your ticket. Want a small diesel 1/2 ton? GM is the only decent option.
Sponsored