Sponsored

Defective Truck 120+ Days In Service Department

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I’d imagine the time limit would toll if it’s sitting at a dealership waiting to be repaired, or I’d hope a good lawyer would at least argue that it should. I don’t know where that would put the OP, but it seems fair.
Maybe, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it. If the state interprets the limitations period as a statute of repose, not a statute of limitations, tolling does not apply. This looks to me like a statute of repose, but it should be researched.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
OP, sorry, but you need to stop being so passive. 130 days? You must not really care about driving loaners if you are willing to just let this go so long. At what point will YOU start raising hell?
Sorry to be blunt, but at some point, you are just as responsible if you as a paying consumer are willing to be taken advantage of by your dealer and Ford. Paying on a truck that sits at a dealer you can’t use? You DEALER is the real issue. They are NOT doing their part. I’ve been on that side, and two weeks would have been more than enough.
I had a 3.0L. Loved it, but it didn’t offer anything an EcoBoost couldn’t deliver and doing so much better, at a cheaper fuel cost. Ford AND your dealer should be working on a NEW truck deal.
This is a unique job 1 2021 truck that can't be replaced if I want the same thing again. I special ordered the way it is for a reason and want what I had built fixed and returned to me. If it was just a cookie cutter Powerboost truck, It would have been replaced long ago.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Having had this happen to me ^^^ THIS ^^^ is what immediately occurred to me.
I'm sure this is the problem but the dealership is just sitting around waiting for the Ford engineering team to tell them the next step which is alway replacing components because all the pin tests passed at the moment they were performed. The problem has something to do with cooler temperatures and lately rough roads set it off.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Maybe, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it. If the state interprets the limitations period as a statute of repose, not a statute of limitations, tolling does not apply. This looks to me like a statute of repose, but it should be researched.
Unfortunately, the problem has existed since it was new but rarely happened the first year. The second year it became more common but it was impossible to get a truck into a dealership and even more impossible to get a service loaner. The only reason it finally went in around September last year was Ford agreed to pay for a rental since the emission system had failed and the truck could not be licensed with a check engine light on.

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Contact Ford customer service. They can facilitate the buy back. The problem with looking online is every state has different laws and their customer service follows the law per state, so they know. I had no pushback or issues getting my 2020 repurchased at full value when it was 22 months old with 20k.
Is it better to just deal with Ford or would going through an attorney be better to make sure nothing is left on the table? It always feels like the dealers and Ford always make sure everything ends up in their favor and not the customer.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
That's the one I go to. I've only been there for simple stuff, so far.
I am very happy with my service advisor, Mario Flores there. The service department has flat out said they do not know how to fix the truck and that they are just sitting around waiting for Fords engineering department to tell them what to test or replace next. The fact that this problem does not exist in any records is probably causing the slowdown but I am tired or waiting for my truck to be fixed.

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
I am very happy with my service advisor, Mario Flores there. The service department has flat out said they do not know how to fix the truck and that they are just sitting around waiting for Fords engineering department to tell them what to test or replace next. The fact that this problem does not exist in any records is probably causing the slowdown but I am tired or waiting for my truck to be fixed.
It’s always a last resort, especially if it’s not the dealership’s fault, but being overly persistent to the point of being annoying gets things done. I’d be calling daily at the very least after months, actually I’d have started that routine a while ago.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
It’s always a last resort, especially if it’s not the dealership’s fault, but being overly persistent to the point of being annoying gets things done. I’d be calling daily at the very least after months, actually I’d have started that routine a while ago.
I had been bothering them constantly but the answer was always that they can't do anything until the engineering hotline responds back and instructs them on the next step. They said the hotline is very slow to respond with an updated test or replacement instruction and that parts delays have also been slow to arrive. Overall, nobody knows how to fix this truck.

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Is it better to just deal with Ford or would going through an attorney be better to make sure nothing is left on the table? It always feels like the dealers and Ford always make sure everything ends up in their favor and not the customer.
You can start with Ford and try a lawyer later. I would stress the safety aspect over any inconvenience. No one cares if it's annoying or you paid xx dollars. But you don't feel safe driving the truck with malfunctioninf headlights.

I have a feeling you're out of luck due to timeline but they may light a fire under the dealer or someone to fix it.

Have you tried a different dealer?

Ford 3rd parties their buybacls through RAV. In my experience, RAV cared more about me than Ford and went above and beyond. They approved my buyback after they fixed the truck, but I opened the case before they did. They just magically found the parts after I opened the case.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
A lemon law attorney can tell you over the phone if you have a case or not.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
A lemon law attorney can tell you over the phone if you have a case or not.
I think it will have to be a goodwill case on Fords part the more I look into it since all the lemon law requirements in Texas have lapsed.

Hoppyhooper56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Occupation
Retired
My truck has been sitting at the dealership in the service department for 135 days as of this post. I think I have given up on them being able to fix it and looking for help on the best plan for what my next step is. The truck has 39000 miles on it with an extended warranty but it can't simply be replaced with a new truck because it has the little Powerstroke diesel engine that is no longer available. I have been making payments on this truck that I never get to drive so is there a loophole to make Ford pay me back for those payments? Do I need a lemon law lawyer to help take care of this problem truck and does the lemon law have a mileage limit? I am not sure what my next step is but I'm sure this truck can not be fixed and needs to be replaced. I appreciate any input on my options from anyone that has dealt with a defective and unfixable vehicle.
I'm trying to do the same, mines back in the shop again, 5 times and I'm tired of not having a vehicle to use.