Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
just for people showing up.

when i tackled this install (cup holder, media bin, glove box) i did this method. i folded down the shifter, and started by removing the dash trim (long piece from passenger to push button start), the radio surround trim and the trim next to your knees (both sides) i had to unbolt the HVAC (4 bolts IIRC) and then slid my storage console out. it was easy to swap cupholders since it was out. i was then able to easily pop in the storage light as well. Slid console back into place and hooked up the cupholder to the harness along with the storage light. bolted the hvac back and snapped it all back together. daunting at first b/c yes, its a new expensive truck, but wasnt as bad as i expected. went in with just the video linked in this thread, bought the metal trim tool someone linked and a microfiber. if i didnt have the issue i had with the radio trim i could have been done in about 45min
When you say slid my storage console out, what exactly are you referring to?
Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
When you say slid my storage console out, what exactly are you referring to?
Maybe I misspoke. The console under the Hvac…I removed it. I completely removed the cup holders from the truck and did the swap on my tail gate. Bc I remember asking the Mrs to hold up the hvac so I could slide it back in

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
Gotcha, thanks for the clarifications.

Vandi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 King Ranch PB
Just got done with my cup holder, media bin, and glove box light install. It took far longer than it should have, but this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this and was taking my time. I also had to cut a hole for the media bin light which took up about 90% of the time. I got stuck when I got to the media bin because I had no idea how to get it out in order to cut the hole. I removed the two front screws and pulled up and got a couple clips out from the bottom, but after that it wouldn’t budge and I did not want to break anything so I decided to cut the hole while the bin was still inside. It worked out fine but my light location is more to the right-center than the traditional placement. Everything turned out great and I want to thank @JHForman812 for the harnesses and the over-the-phone support he supplied to help me get this all done, as well as everyone else for all the info in this post and pictures that helped a ton along the way!!

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light F0B09539-8E05-4BEB-AA75-B10760BFA275

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light CD880147-1523-4FE3-B342-99C316661EC4

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light 0984C25E-2D73-4E60-9E48-C9C82E6A1D3C

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light D2284641-70F5-48D4-9974-E9DCB52A5007

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Just got done with my cup holder, media bin, and glove box light install. It took far longer than it should have, but this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this and was taking my time. I also had to cut a hole for the media bin light which took up about 90% of the time. I got stuck when I got to the media bin because I had no idea how to get it out in order to cut the hole. I removed the two front screws and pulled up and got a couple clips out from the bottom, but after that it wouldn’t budge and I did not want to break anything so I decided to cut the hole while the bin was still inside. It worked out fine but my light location is more to the right-center than the traditional placement. Everything turned out great and I want to thank @JHForman812 for the harnesses and the over-the-phone support he supplied to help me get this all done, as well as everyone else for all the info in this post and pictures that helped a ton along the way!!

F0B09539-8E05-4BEB-AA75-B10760BFA275.jpeg

CD880147-1523-4FE3-B342-99C316661EC4.jpeg

0984C25E-2D73-4E60-9E48-C9C82E6A1D3C.jpeg

D2284641-70F5-48D4-9974-E9DCB52A5007.jpeg
Outstanding! Nice work with that media light. Since you are cutting it doesn't matter where it is, go for convenience. Just think of the resale value. "Custom Media Light Placement". :)

Thanks for posting the pics!

Sponsored

Bxdm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
truck battery considering they are tiny LEDs.
But would love to change that for a lesser time for sure.
just for people showing up.

when i tackled this install (cup holder, media bin, glove box) i did this method. i folded down the shifter, and started by removing the dash trim (long piece from passenger to push button start), the radio surround trim and the trim next to your knees (both sides) i had to unbolt the HVAC (4 bolts IIRC) and then slid my storage console out. it was easy to swap cupholders since it was out. i was then able to easily pop in the storage light as well. Slid console back into place and hooked up the cupholder to the harness along with the storage light. bolted the hvac back and snapped it all back together. daunting at first b/c yes, its a new expensive truck, but wasnt as bad as i expected. went in with just the video linked in this thread, bought the metal trim tool someone linked and a microfiber. if i didnt have the issue i had with the radio trim i could have been done in about 45min
Can you link the video that you're referring to? I must have missed it and cant find a video.

Thanks.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I bought the same tool and will be doing this tomorrow. I have to admit after it showed up, I was like, why did I buy a metal one? LOL

I think I also have a few plastic ones from my days tinkering on phones, but if he can do it with the metal one so can I.
I do have a couple microfibers i carry in the truck so i whipped one out for this install. i either placed the microfiber around the pry tool completely or underneath and didnt have a single issue.

it was my first time taking anything in the truck apart so i was a bit wary but i managed just fine.
good luck. you shouldnt need it. just take your time and if a clip seems like its not gonna budge, pull harder LOL

Sponsored

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
@Jmeo What did you use to get that? I want to purchase so I have it for my truck.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
@Jmeo What did you use to get that? I want to purchase so I have it for my truck.
It's from a factory service manual. You can google search for them, or buy them from Helm.com, or perhaps even from the service department at your dealer. They are expensive if you go an official route, eBay may get you a more affordable option.

I always buy them for my Mustang's because I get way more involved on those cars. I got this from my friend who works at Ford, I did not buy the service manual for my truck.

CaliF150

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew STX 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
Last edited:

general

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Area-51
Maybe this will help as a visual to see how things come apart.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

This is amazing! I was going to make a video when I did mine, but honestly I was kind of in a rush to get it done lol. Hopefully someone can make a video at some point to help others. The dash removal video is good, but it doesn't show everything. This guide is def a nice addition to this thread!
Sponsored