Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I only did the cup holders, so I just pulled the trim. There was plenty of room to change the holders by lifting the trim up. I just pulled the two hockey sticks trim and the top trim around the cup holders/ console shift knob. Once you fold the shifter down it’s easy to see how the trim pops up. As others have said, just don’t get crazy bending it up to pull the torxs holding the cup holder in. I was pretty nervous to start, but was surprised to see how much give was in the top trim piece.
Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
If youre doing the HVAC I wouldnt mess sliding the console. when you have the HVAC out to replace do your lights then.
OK, I should be able to get the cupholder out once the wireless charger and HVAC are out?

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
why are you removing the wireless charger part ?
I thought you had to, to get to the cupholder? It's been a while but I remember seeing a video where they took it out.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
not that im aware of? @dolsen can you confirm?
You’re correct, I didn’t have the wireless charger then, but I didn’t have to remove that cubby at all either.

@Big Cam can you share the info you’re referring to? Maybe someone had to remove theirs to cut the hole for the media bin light (which still may not be required) but I cannot see any need to remove the wireless charger, assuming you’re referring to the factory installed charger

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
You’re correct, I didn’t have the wireless charger then, but I didn’t have to remove that cubby at all either.

@Big Cam can you share the info you’re referring to? Maybe someone had to remove theirs to cut the hole for the media bin light (which still may not be required) but I cannot see any need to remove the wireless charger, assuming you’re referring to the factory installed charger
I don't know where or when I saw it. It's possible I got linked to it for a different reason or discussion. So many discussions blend into others.

I am referring to the factory wireless charger. Good to know I don't have to mess with it.

I've watched the video on removing the radio trim in order to get the HVAC off, so it sounds like if I can get the HVAC off I should be able to do all the light mods.

CaliF150

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew STX 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
finally rear lights are done. Tapped into @JHForman812 harness. But after opening rear cupholder and rear portion of console I realized there is LED light for back seat has exactly same plug. But still made my own wires go all the way to the back. Cut a square open in the rear of console.
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0984
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0983
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0982
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0981
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0980
Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0979

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0984

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0983

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0982

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0981

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0980

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_0979

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
finally rear lights are done. Tapped into @JHForman812 harness. But after opening rear cupholder and rear portion of console I realized there is LED light for back seat has exactly same plug. But still made my own wires go all the way to the back. Cut a square open in the rear of console.
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0982.jpeg
IMG_0981.jpeg
IMG_0980.jpeg
IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg
Were these stock in the 2021? This is the first I've heard of rear footwell lights.

CaliF150

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SuperCrew STX 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
Were these stock in the 2021? This is the first I've heard of rear footwell lights.
I just made my own. Not sure if 2021 had it. Mine is a 2022 Poor man xl stx. Used OEM front footwell lights and fit them in the rear as well as front

Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
I just made my own. Not sure if 2021 had it. Mine is a 2022 Poor man xl stx. Used OEM front footwell lights and fit them in the rear as well as front
Well kudos to you, they look awesome!

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
There should be some under the rear of the front seats for the rear footwells.

Vandi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 King Ranch PB
Is there anyone that has removed the media bin to cut the hole for the light (in the newer models) available to help me with how to get the media bin out?

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
just for people showing up.

when i tackled this install (cup holder, media bin, glove box) i did this method. i folded down the shifter, and started by removing the dash trim (long piece from passenger to push button start), the radio surround trim and the trim next to your knees (both sides) i had to unbolt the HVAC (4 bolts IIRC) and then slid my storage console out. it was easy to swap cupholders since it was out. i was then able to easily pop in the storage light as well. Slid console back into place and hooked up the cupholder to the harness along with the storage light. bolted the hvac back and snapped it all back together. daunting at first b/c yes, its a new expensive truck, but wasnt as bad as i expected. went in with just the video linked in this thread, bought the metal trim tool someone linked and a microfiber. if i didnt have the issue i had with the radio trim i could have been done in about 45min
Sponsored