Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150
Occupation
Manager
Hey there!

I was using Adaptive Cuise today, set on 68MPH (lane assistance off) in moderate traffic. The system was working great, maintaining my distance perfectly. However, on 4 separate occasions the actual SET SPEED on the dash changed randomly. At first I thought I accidently tapped a button, but I started paying attention and it reset itself on it's own. I noticed because when there was a gap in traffic the truck accelerated like a bat outta' hell, lol.
Twice it increased speed to 71mph, once to 82mph, and once to 73mph.

Anybody experienced this? 2021 Powerboost XLT
Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Interesting. Does it have speed sign recognition and do you have it turned on?

Mine has erroneously picked up the speed limit signs for the access road when I was on the highway. That makes for a fun adventure to be cruising along at 70+ mph and all of a sudden you quickly drop to 40mph.

OP
OP
Antman

Antman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150
Occupation
Manager
Interesting. Does it have speed sign recognition and do you have it turned on?

Mine has erroneously picked up the speed limit signs for the access road when I was on the highway. That makes for a fun adventure to be cruising along at 70+ mph and all of a sudden you quickly drop to 40mph.
Yes! and yes, it was turned on. I suspect it had something to do with that but the highest speed limit sign on this drive was 68mph.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Yes! and yes, it was turned on. I suspect it had something to do with that but the highest speed limit sign on this drive was 68mph.
A...68mph speed sign?

Sponsored

SouthernGuy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost, 7.2K PPoB
Occupation
Retired
Check your 'Speed Limit Assist' Tolerance setting (Features, Driver Assistance). Cruise control will automatically adjust to the total of 'Speed Limit' sign + Tolerance. Ex: If Tolerance is set to 20mpg, your Cruise Control will jump to 90, when it sees a 70 mph speed limit sign. I had to adjust mine down to 5mph over the speed limit.

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I've had mine read the highway sign when I'm on the footage road and try to accelerate to 70, oops.. lol

But, the bigger one is there is a road I drive on my way to work that used to be 35 and is now 40. There is one spot on that road that the truck "thinks" it sees a 35mph sign and reduces the speed. There is no sign and it does it going both directions in the exact same spot. Also when I pull into some parking lots and my neighborhood it sets to 25 or 5 depending, and there is no sign. I can only assume in addition to the signage there is a database it it using to set speeds.

I wish I knew how to have the database updated for changes that have been made.

Mtrujillo08

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hey there!

I was using Adaptive Cuise today, set on 68MPH (lane assistance off) in moderate traffic. The system was working great, maintaining my distance perfectly. However, on 4 separate occasions the actual SET SPEED on the dash changed randomly. At first I thought I accidently tapped a button, but I started paying attention and it reset itself on it's own. I noticed because when there was a gap in traffic the truck accelerated like a bat outta' hell, lol.
Twice it increased speed to 71mph, once to 82mph, and once to 73mph.

Anybody experienced this? 2021 Powerboost XLT

My 2022 f150 lariat with Adaptive cruise control was doing that last week it was Accelerating by itself on cruise control to 90mph 3 different times when I drove by a speed limit that stated 75mph Idk what is wrong with it been trying to fine a answer

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Yea, just turn the sign recognition off. Reading and math are not America's strong suits.

mla_anderson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineering Manager
From my experience, if speed limit recognition is on the system will fill in with a database based on your GPS location. For instance, if it hasn't seen a sign in a while but the data says the speed limit is 80 it will set your speed to 80 ± your tolerance setting.

I've had this come one once in a newer construction zone. The truck was going along but reached a time out of not seeing speed limit signs, so it read from its database that the speed limit was 80 and jammed on the throttle.

I also had one instance on a long cross country drive where the GPS lost its mind and was showing me running through fields. I was doing 82 when the GPS thought I hit a side road with a 40mph limit. It slammed on the brakes to get me down to 42mph.
Sponsored