Sponsored

Copilot 360 2.0 functions available from day 1?

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
What functionality will be available on day 1? Or is everything being released in Q3 of 21?
Sponsored

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
In terms of Copilot 360 2.0, I believe that everything is being released at launch, except the hands free driving which will be activated, for a fee, in late 2021. Self park by simply holding one button down, speed sign recognition, etc. is all supposed to be up and running at delivery.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
In terms of Copilot 360 2.0, I believe that everything is being released at launch, except the hands free driving which will be activated, for a fee, in late 2021. Self park by simply holding one button down, speed sign recognition, etc. is all supposed to be up and running at delivery.
That's what I also been tracking.

petersonja22

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone - I am trying to understand the difference between the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package and the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0.
Essentially I want to get the full self driving when its released. IF I do not get a truck with the prep package can I just upgrade at a later time and pay more than I would if I had the prep package? Or in order to get the full self driving do I need that prep package?
thanks!

Ark LTD

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (ordering), Range Rover
Hey everyone - I am trying to understand the difference between the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package and the Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0.
Essentially I want to get the full self driving when its released. IF I do not get a truck with the prep package can I just upgrade at a later time and pay more than I would if I had the prep package? Or in order to get the full self driving do I need that prep package?
thanks!
My understanding is that the “prep” package means that the truck comes with all the necessary hardware built in (for example, the face pointing camera in the dash), while the software necessary to make the hardware work will come in an over-the-air update (for a fee) later in the year.

Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
thanks!
There has been no information about being able to add the hardware later. It might not be possible.

To be safe I would not buy a truck without it if that is important to you.

RichOK 1941

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5L V-6 Power Boost Technology Package
Occupation
retired
There has been no information about being able to add the hardware later. It might not be possible.

To be safe I would not buy a truck without it if that is important to you.
Just heard at my dealer that Self-Driving will download next month.

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Im curious to compare the CoPilot 360 to what's currently on my 2018 Volvo XC60, which has handsfree driving. Basically just lane keeping, speed sign recognition, and adaptive cruise. I've driven this way for long trips here in Texas and it works wonderfully.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
So to break things down, Co-Pilot 360 come in three parts... This isn't perfect but it's close. Hope this helps.

Co-pilot 360 2.0 (standard on XLT up, some individual features standard on XL others need 101A High on XL).
  • BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Lane-Keeping System
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Post-Collision Braking
  • Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
  • Auto High-Beam Headlamps
  • Reverse Brake Assist
  • Reverse Sensing System

Co-pilot 360 Assist 2.0 (standard on Lariat and up I believe and an Option on XLT if you have the 302A High option, does not come with 302A high)
  • Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
    • Stop-and-go
    • Lane Centering
    • Speed Sign Recognition
    • Forward Sensing System
  • Evasive Steering Assist
  • Intersection Assist
  • Connected Built-In Naviagtion* (subscription required)

Co-pilot 360 Active 2.0
  • Active Drive Assist (Prep-kit)
  • Active Park Assist 2.0

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Have the maps for Active Drive Assist been released yet?

RichOK 1941

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5L V-6 Power Boost Technology Package
Occupation
retired
that would be awesome!!

@currybob, you know people, see if you can get some confirmation
It's only certain highways which is a safe bet as they're not responsible for stoplights, stop signs, cross-traffic, pedestrians, or bicycles. My new 21 can do that now but keeps warning me to put my hands back on the wheel. and once started to shut me down.

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
I noticed speed sign recognition as part of assist 2.0. Does anyone know if that is determined by gps positions thru the nav system, or is it an actual camera image processed to determine speed number? Thanks, new member with too many questions.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
I noticed speed sign recognition as part of assist 2.0. Does anyone know if that is determined by gps positions thru the nav system, or is it an actual camera image processed to determine speed number? Thanks, new member with too many questions.
from the name it seems to imply sign recognition. From my experience that seems true.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
So to break things down, Co-Pilot 360 come in three parts... This isn't perfect but it's close. Hope this helps.

Co-pilot 360 2.0 (standard on XLT up, some individual features standard on XL others need 101A High on XL).
  • BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Lane-Keeping System
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Post-Collision Braking
  • Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
  • Auto High-Beam Headlamps
  • Reverse Brake Assist
  • Reverse Sensing System

Co-pilot 360 Assist 2.0 (standard on Lariat and up I believe and an Option on XLT if you have the 302A High option, does not come with 302A high)
  • Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control
    • Stop-and-go
    • Lane Centering
    • Speed Sign Recognition
    • Forward Sensing System
  • Evasive Steering Assist
  • Intersection Assist
  • Connected Built-In Naviagtion* (subscription required)

Co-pilot 360 Active 2.0
  • Active Drive Assist (Prep-kit)
  • Active Park Assist 2.0
I spent a bit of time today trying to figure out why the XLT with 302a and Co-Pilot 360 2.0 and a front facing camera in above the rear view mirror is not ready or capable of being upgraded to 360 Assist.

I Have not found any information about what is compatible and what is not between each level of copilot 360 parts.

Do 360 active and 360 assist need the 360 cameras in the mirrors to function?
Sponsored