First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I’ve searched and don’t see any threads. We got an update awhile back talking about being able to have 2 phones connected at the same time. So scenario is my iPhone connected with CarPlay and wife’s phone connected with Bluetooth. In my wife’s 22 equinox we can do that so I assumed when we got the dual phone update that the f150 could do the same. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Saw update is supposed to do that but I haven't tried it. I probably should for my work phone but I don't like work enough to let it touch my truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I am a 2 phone user every day.
But I haven't tested one of them being used with Android Auto.

I have them both in Bluetooth, and my primary phone "as a phone". The second phone is for streaming, as well as monitoring Pids.

When you click "Phone List" in Sync4, each phone is listed and each has 3 "roles" they can be designated as playing.

For some roles you can have both phones selected, I believe. But the 3rd role is Carplay/Android Auto, and I assume only one phone can be selected for that role. (I haven't confirmed, as I mentioned)

It's been one of my favorite features after the update enabled it. It allows me to NEVER touch my primary phone, which is running an auto insurance app that can qualify me for discounts based on various parameters. But using the phone while the vehicle is in motion is the biggest penalty.
I currently have a fantastic record! Thanks to the 2 phone support of Sync4. :)

Ford F-150 Connecting 2 phones Screenshot_20230629_215931_Routely

(Note: it allows for 10mph over the speed limit, and even more for short periods of time)

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I am a 2 phone user every day.
But I haven't tested one of them being used with Android Auto.

I have them both in Bluetooth, and my primary phone "as a phone". The second phone is for streaming, as well as monitoring Pids.

When you click "Phone List" in Sync4, each phone is listed and each has 3 "roles" they can be designated as playing.

For some roles you can have both phones selected, I believe. But the 3rd role is Carplay/Android Auto, and I assume only one phone can be selected for that role. (I haven't confirmed, as I mentioned)

It's been one of my favorite features after the update enabled it. It allows me to NEVER touch my primary phone, which is running an auto insurance app that can qualify me for discounts based on various parameters. But using the phone while the vehicle is in motion is the biggest penalty.
I currently have a fantastic record! Thanks to the 2 phone support of Sync4. :)

Screenshot_20230629_215931_Routely.jpg

(Note: it allows for 10mph over the speed limit, and even more for short periods of time)
Yeah this is what I’m finding. If one is connected with CarPlay then the other is not connected at all. Sucks that GM has a better handle on this as it works flawlessly in her equinox. Oh well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. At least I know it’s possible. Maybe one day in an update. 😁

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
My updated 2021 Platinum allows 2 iPhones to be connected. Obviously only one can be attached via carplay at a time. If you bring up the phone list you can toggle which one is carplay by pressing the carplay soft button.

I do this frequently when the wife is driving as I typically use my phone (Google Maps, Apple Maps) to compare route choices. Start out with no carplay. I select the route and app and then enable carplay on my phone. Eventually (2ish hours) I grab her phone and setup routing then switch to carplay on hers while I look on mine for fuel, food, welcome centers, whatever and pick an intermediate destination to swap drivers.

And yes we do use Ford Nav. Wife prefers it but it has routed us "inappropriately" enough so that I only use it when it wants to fly the route I confirmed via alternate means.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I enabled Android Auto on each of my two phones and pretty much got the same result.
Android Auto overrides most of the Sync4 2-phone feature set.

Or put another way, if I am going to use Android Auto, it appears that I have cast my vote for Sync4 being demoted in lots of ways.
Sponsored