Comparisons: FP Bilstein Leveling Kit - VS - Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R Kit

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
After moving from Bilstein to fox, I’ll never go back. Out of your two choices Id lean toward Eibach.
Sponsored

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
interesting! Would you elaborate on why that is? I’ve read many posts where people feel that the Bilstein setup really smooths out after it gets through its break in period.

After moving from Bilstein to fox, I’ll never go back. Out of your two choices Id lean toward Eibach.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
interesting! Would you elaborate on why that is? I’ve read many posts where people feel that the Bilstein setup really smooths out after it gets through its break in period.
Too stiff feeling but I’m sure having LT tires didn’t help. Had them on for several years. They are filled with oil and metal discs, I’m not sure what there is to break in- I think people just get used to it. A friend with a ram rebel has the same opinion. Maybe if I had sl rated tires it’d probably ride better. They also look like crap after one winter with all the salt.

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Interesting. I think both are aluminum bodies. When I said break in I meant to say once they’ve settled. The valve design has a lot to do with how the shock works, which between the three- Bilstein, Eibach, and Fox they’re fairly different.
At this point I’m either doing:

- Ford Performance Bilstein kit
- Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R
- potentially a Fox kit

so I’m essentially at the same point I was when I started this thread, lol.

Too stiff feeling but I’m sure having LT tires didn’t help. Had them on for several years. They are filled with oil and metal discs, I’m not sure what there is to break in- I think people just get used to it. A friend with a ram rebel has the same opinion. Maybe if I had sl rated tires it’d probably ride better. They also look like crap after one winter with all the salt.

astro_fusion

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 supercab, 1990 Bronco II
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting. I think both are aluminum bodies. When I said break in I meant to say once they’ve settled. The valve design has a lot to do with how the shock works, which between the three- Bilstein, Eibach, and Fox they’re fairly different.
At this point I’m either doing:

- Ford Performance Bilstein kit
- Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R
- potentially a Fox kit

so I’m essentially at the same point I was when I started this thread, lol.
Some good info here that might help your decision.

Digressive vs linear vs progressive valving

Sponsored

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Definitely helpful. Thank you! I am also starting to consider spending a little more money and going with Icons. I ran those on another truck of mine and really liked them, but there is obvious appeal in saving some money and getting a nice setup that is cheaper.

Some good info here that might help your decision.

Digressive vs linear vs progressive valving

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Man, after this thread I've been reading a lot on the Eibach kit and it sounds pretty solid, especially for light off road/highway driving. Kinda in between the stock and Bilsteins in terms of firmness, but has the benefit of feeling nice and grounded.

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Yeah man. Overland Outfitters did a series of episodes, “Shock Values”, which sheds some interesting light on the usual suspects with regard to lift kit manufacturers in blind road tests, which has me leaning towards Icon.. potentially.

Man, after this thread I've been reading a lot on the Eibach kit and it sounds pretty solid, especially for light off road/highway driving. Kinda in between the stock and Bilsteins in terms of firmness, but has the benefit of feeling nice and grounded.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future f150 owner
I’m trying to get there and reading as much as I can myself- but what specifically about the Eibach is selling you? I had all but been set of FP but now I’m going down a rabbit hole…

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I’m trying to get there and reading as much as I can myself- but what specifically about the Eibach is selling you? I had all but been set of FP but now I’m going down a rabbit hole…
From reading the reviews, it sounds like the firmness is in the Goldilocks zone. The Bilstein 6112 combo (FP or not) sound really firm; Fox as well. Makes sense as they are tuned to off road. My offroading is mild ranch type dirt roads to very mild terrain. Not a huge fan of the waterbed feel of the stock so would prefer a ride that is more connected to the ground. Bilstein 5100s seemed like a good compromise, but the Eibachs look to have the heavy duty build quality of the Fox and 6112/5160, with a little less stiffness. I dunno. I'm still debating whether or not to order a '24 right now, so this is on hold a bit.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Have the full Eibach kit in my office, hope to install this Saturday!

Ford F-150 Comparisons: FP Bilstein Leveling Kit - VS - Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R Kit 20230908_131242_resized

Ford F-150 Comparisons: FP Bilstein Leveling Kit - VS - Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2R Kit 20230822_151713_resized

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
I’m excited to hear your thoughts on the install and what you think of this setup once you’ve had some drive time! To be specific, is the the Pro Truck Stage 2R kit, or something different?

Have the full Eibach kit in my office, hope to install this Saturday!

20230908_131242_resized.jpg

20230822_151713_resized.jpg

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
I ordered the Eibach 2R kit today. Will probably not be able to install until next month though.

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
nice! Excited to read about it.

I ordered the Eibach 2R kit today. Will probably not be able to install until next month though.
Sponsored