What is the status of your build?

• Total voters

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My must haves were Powerboost, 7.2k gen (power my house during outages), Sport (color bumpers), BAP (to get rid of the red), a color (not some type of neutral but they do look nice), interior work surface, SCREW (interior space lets me have a 5.5' bed with 145" wheelbase), 4x4 with 4A, back up tow technology, 360 cam, heated and ventilated seats. My only drawback with this truck was the lack of a proper digital rearview mirror. I ordered a Lariat with all this from Granger.

I liked the full function seats of the King Ranch and Carmelo interior when I was considering but in the end I did not spring the extra money for the KR just to get those seats. Good thing too because they were deleted and I would have probably cancelled and reordered.

Even though I have waited a long time for this truck I am getting exactly what I wanted in what I hope will be final truck I buy in my life. This should get me to 75 and although I hope to live longer than that, I might be done with truck stuff by then.

One great thing I look at about waiting this long is the price protection. With all the price increases I will end up paying about $60-$61k for a truck with a MSRP of $73k. Now Ford upped the ESP years to 10 (which I wanted all along) and this was the best wait I ever had. I was not in need of a new truck fast so YMMV.
Thank you for the response - I ordered a pretty well loaded Lariat 4x4 Powerboost with BAP. My truck was marked built on 9/28 and 75 days later Ford just confirmed that there is a hold on the truck but will not disclose why.

The struggle now is picking out a truck that isn't exactly what I wanted - I've looked at a hundred trucks and am now accepting that I'll have to compromise on a few things. First off, every single truck they've got has moon roof which I will never use. None of the Lariats in stock have the interior work surface so I may have to get a platinum truck to get that feature, which I really liked.

I seem to recall not liking the limited and platinum interiors but it looks like a platinum with BAP and black seat pack don't have the standard seats so will look more normal.

I may look at the eco boost instead of PB as well to get other features I want all in one truck. SO FRUSTRATED!
Sponsored

SunnyD

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Sport Trac, 2022 F150 (Ordered)
Anybody on here track their truck from Dearborn to Kansas City using Norfolk Southern? There's either a data delay (what I'm leaning towards) or I've entered Shipping Hell. Hoping to compare to someone else.
I was assigned a railcar number in the VVR. That railcar left Dearborn on Dec 5th. traveled towards KC through this past weekend. The last Missouri location sounded like "Mix City", but I couldn't find any location by that name. Monday morning that rail car was in Louisville, KY, yesterday afternoon, Georgia. Ford Chat says my truck is still in Michigan, Granger says the VVR still shows it on the train. Hoping someone can confirm it takes a few days for the Kansas City Ramp location to update. :oops:

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Anybody on here track their truck from Dearborn to Kansas City using Norfolk Southern? There's either a data delay (what I'm leaning towards) or I've entered Shipping Hell. Hoping to compare to someone else.
I was assigned a railcar number in the VVR. That railcar left Dearborn on Dec 5th. traveled towards KC through this past weekend. The last Missouri location sounded like "Mix City", but I couldn't find any location by that name. Monday morning that rail car was in Louisville, KY, yesterday afternoon, Georgia. Ford Chat says my truck is still in Michigan, Granger says the VVR still shows it on the train. Hoping someone can confirm it takes a few days for the Kansas City Ramp location to update. :oops:
Dont even try to make sense of the shipping procedure. My truck delivered to dealer yesterday after a 15 day tour of the mid west and eastern seaboard. Hopefully yours arrives soon.

Dhuber78

First Name
Danney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Designer
Just changed my status to in transit. Since it Convoy we shall see if it comes in Dec 22nd - 28th.

OP
OP
Blackout150

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150

Sponsored

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Granger told me mine was in KC, Ford said still in Michigan. After the weekend Granger said the new VVR says Michigan. My truck is going backwards!

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Need my level headed Ford friends to talk some sense into me. My truck delivered to my dealer on Monday after an 8 month wait. Dealer just called and said it will be ready for pickup at the end of next week. I am about too lose my SH**, how can it possibly take 2 weeks to wash a truck? Am I being an impatient dick or is enough enough, its time to put the fear of God into the dealer?

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Need my level headed Ford friends to talk some sense into me. My truck delivered to my dealer on Monday after an 8 month wait. Dealer just called and said it will be ready for pickup at the end of next week. I am about too lose my SH**, how can it possibly take 2 weeks to wash a truck? Am I being an impatient dick or is enough enough, its time to put the fear of God into the dealer?
It is a more intensive process than simply a wash I believe. They need to inspect it to make sure nothing was damaged during shipping, and fix it.

Maybe there was a rock chip or something. at least you know exactly when your getting it. Take a breath, enjoy the excitement that is soon to be realized.

Congrats I would love to be in your shoes. but I am still in pending shipment hell like so many others.

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
It is a more intensive process than simply a wash I believe. They need to inspect it to make sure nothing was damaged during shipping, and fix it.

Maybe there was a rock chip or something. at least you know exactly when your getting it. Take a breath, enjoy the excitement that is soon to be realized.

Congrats I would love to be in your shoes. but I am still in pending shipment hell like so many others.
yeah i thought I am being an impatient dick too

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I can understand a few days, but two weeks is nuts. I would ask them to step it up some, without being a dick of course. but your salesman should be motivated to get the minions out back to help make a sale.

Sponsored

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You could see if they put you in font of the MY23's at a min. That should be something they should do as you have put in your time.

Not being a dick. The wait is a killer that is for sure.

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
My wife grew up with Ford. Her father, uncles and older siblings worked in the plant near us. She and I are sometimes loyal to a fault. Our loyalty keeps us with Ford, but today she told me how she really feels about this process and how Ford has handled it. If I were to say she is not happy that would be like comparing a fart to a nuclear bomb.
This morning she encouraged me to go look at "Foreign" models, Chevy and Dodge.
So Big Daddy you are not being a dick.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My wife grew up with Ford. Her father, uncles and older siblings worked in the plant near us. She and I are sometimes loyal to a fault. Our loyalty keeps us with Ford, but today she told me how she really feels about this process and how Ford has handled it. If I were to say she is not happy that would be like comparing a fart to a nuclear bomb.
Every manufacture is having these issues. I would venture to bet that there are Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota threads with people making similar complaints.

But Ford really needs to step up their game in communication, and tracking progress of the process. Those are really my biggest issue with Ford.

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
This might sound stupid but I actually feel guilty. Im 3rd generation Ford, even our tractors growing up were Fords. I almost feel like Im getting ready to cheat on my wife

Meathead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Edge, 2017 Transit. 2019 F150, maybe 22 F150
Every manufacture is having these issues. I would venture to bet that there are Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota threads with people making similar complaints.

But Ford really needs to step up their game in communication, and tracking progress of the process. Those are really my biggest issue with Ford.
I agree they all have similar struggles. Where we have the issue is seeing MY23 getting delivered and seeing so many MY22 seemingly in production/delivery purgatory. When we see a MY 23 fully loaded platinum delivered within 5 days of production we feel crapped upon.
Sponsored