2022 Order on Chip Hold

t8lib

First Name
Tate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hey everyone! I couldn’t find a thread in here about it so I figured I would post one. I ordered a 2022 XLT 302a sport package on 3/2/22. My truck went into production and had a blend date of 5/10/22. Now, my tracker just shows “in production” with no change for the last few weeks. I have been on chip hold apparently since then. When I call ford, they say I have a new estimated delivery of October! I am hoping/thinking it won’t take that long, but i’m getting really antsy trying to decide if I should just go buy one off a lot. My problem is I got about $4-5000 off MSRP on my order so I don’t really want to go pay sticker for one on a lot. Wondering if anyone else had dealt with this and how long you were on chip hold? I feel like i’m stuck in chip hold purgatory!!

Also, if it makes any difference, my truck was built at the Dearborn plant. I’m afraid all the chips are going to the new Lightnings while mine just sits there and gets passed by!
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
My truck has been built (not on chip hold) since March 15th and just sitting in a Dearborn parking lot. I also ordered it in March 2021. Good luck

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Mine was sitting in chip hold since March, came off 5/17 but now it’s been sitting “offsite” since then

ajhamz2

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Atlas Blue
My truck has been built (not on chip hold) since March 15th and just sitting in a Dearborn parking lot. I also ordered it in March 2021. Good luck
That’s gotta be tough to swallow. Sorry to hear that.
To the OP, I actually agreed to MSRP because I joined the forum late and didn’t realize the Granger’s of the world offered below invoice. There was nothing available on lots and most orders were spoken for, so I didn’t think I had much, if any, negotiating leverage. I have an Atlas Lariat in 157 on chip hold since April and if I were to find a comparable on lot, I’d ditch in a heart beat as I’m also hearing Sep/Oct timeframes. For 4-5k off MSRP, I’d probably hang tight unless you take that offer to another dealer with someone on the lot and they match or get close, but I’d doubt they would given demand.

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
I ordered my XLT 10/29–still no production date. I received 2k off invoice. Finally got fed up and started searching. Found a Lariat from a small dealer 150 miles from me. Got 4k off sticker. Picked it up 2 weeks ago. Glad I did.
Sponsored