Build Constraints/Limited Availability

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
How come Ford has a "limited availability" on their 3.5 EB and 3.5 EB Hybrid for the F150 when they announced they are going to push their hybrids to become a much larger part of their sales? WTF Ford?

Also, it appears STX wheels and XLT Black Package wheels are affected as is the dual exhaust for 2.7, 3.5, and 5.0 (pretty much all BAP builds is what I'd assume).

How come there is a list of constraints already but there isn't a single 2024 F150 on any dealer lot anywhere in the country?

Ford F-150 Build Constraints/Limited Availability Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.16.24-5
Sponsored

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
How come Ford has a "limited availability" on their 3.5 EB and 3.5 EB Hybrid for the F150 when they announced they are going to push their hybrids to become a much larger part of their sales? WTF Ford?

Also, it appears STX wheels and XLT Black Package wheels are affected as is the dual exhaust for 2.7, 3.5, and 5.0 (pretty much all BAP builds is what I'd assume).

How come there is a list of constraints already but there isn't a single 2024 F150 on any dealer lot anywhere in the country?

Ford Scheduling Notes - 1.16.24-5.jpg
For what it’s worth, my local dealer said he doesn’t expect any 24’s on his lot until late-February.

Also, I heard them read this list via Long McArthur on YouTube tonight, but where did you find the written list you posted above?

OP
OP
fatBatman

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
Also, I heard them read this list via Long McArthur on YouTube tonight, but where did you find the written list you posted above?
I got the list from Bronco 6G. I could've cropped it better but they had every constraint for every model and they are far better about publishing build/constraint data from what I can tell.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ritage-limited-heritage-and-everglades.87372/

It looks like you're constrained too with your Platinum Powerboost. I ordered a KR so I'm constrained with the PB engine and HUD. Hopefully, it won't take too long for Ford to make some engines.

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
I got the list from Bronco 6G. I could've cropped it better but they had every constraint for every model and they are far better about publishing build/constraint data from what I can tell.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ritage-limited-heritage-and-everglades.87372/

It looks like you're constrained too with your Platinum Powerboost. I ordered a KR so I'm constrained with the PB engine and HUD. Hopefully, it won't take too long for Ford to make some engines.
Thanks for sharing!

I would think with this list of constraints, that has to be 90% of the orders, right? Between both 3.5L engines, plus BAP and HUD?

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
This MY rollout has been an utter disaster. They are already running 4-5 months behind their typical rollout and they still don't have their crap together. At this rate, I should change my priority code back to 19 since they can't make any KR anyway. The new tailgate might get here before the HUD.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fatBatman

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
The tracker here won't let you view the data or filter anything so it's hard to say how many orders are affected but yeah, from what I've seen, a ton of people ordered the BAP. With Ford pushing the Powerboost and regular 3.5 EB, that would be the majority of Lariats and all KR and Platinum's...and I'd guess about 20-30% of XLTs.
Dealer orders though, I would imagine are mostly 3.5s (I'm completely guessing). My logic here is with Ford pushing the hybrid 3.5 (free option for KR and Platinum and only $290 for Lariat), dealers may also get rewards from Ford if they sell more of them.

OP
OP
fatBatman

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
This MY rollout has been an utter disaster. They are already running 4-5 months behind their typical rollout and they still don't have their crap together. At this rate, I should change my priority code back to 19 since they can't make any KR anyway. The new tailgate might get here before the HUD.
No, don't change it! I'm a 19 and you'd be just one more person I'd have to compete with.

I don't want the new tailgate just because I can see gravel and dirt getting stuck in the jambs of the door every time I use the bed. Or worse, you'd see a lot of dented tailgates from people swinging it open and hitting something just like you see for GMs multi-pro tailgate when they leave in their trailer hitch ball.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Gee, in retrospect model year 2022 isn't looking so bad. :ROFLMAO:

(it took 5 months but I got everything I ordered ;))

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
It is cause there is. 95,000 2023 are still sitiing on lots …

they need to get rid of those first …

OP
OP
fatBatman

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
Having ‘23s on the lot doesn’t have anything to do with it. Those trucks are already paid for. We are not Fords customers. Dealers are the customers and we from them.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Those trucks are already paid for. We are not Fords customers. Dealers are the customers and we from them.
But doesn't Ford typically carry some significant portion of the cost of dealer inventory through a 'floor plan' financial arrangement with dealers? Ford often / typically isn't paid in full until dealer inventory stock is sold?

That, in part, is why Ford often offers discounted (below bank-rate) financing for previous model-year stock if there's lots of it still in dealer inventory when new models are released; and that costs Ford money (reduced net margin).

Just suggesting that manufacturers can't and don't ignore the market impact of excessive previous year dealer inventory and that can have a bearing on new model production decisions.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Gee, in retrospect model year 2022 isn't looking so bad. :ROFLMAO:

(it took 5 months but I got everything I ordered ;))
HA! I have stated this before in other posts. Looking back for the Gen 14, in perhaps about a 5 - 6 year production run, you may find that the 2022 was really the sweet spot for this truck. It is after most of the 1st year production gremlins, yet before some bigger price increases with deletes and changes.

I ordered the end of Jan 2022 and just got it home the day before New Years 2023 so I waited 11 months. I am so glad I pulled the trigger at that time.

With that said the PB F-150 really is a marvel of technology and drivability, so if you are waiting or dealing with the constraints, it will be well worth it in the end.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
HA! I have stated this before in other posts. Looking back for the Gen 14, in perhaps about a 5 - 6 year production run, you may find that the 2022 was really the sweet spot for this truck. It is after most of the 1st year production gremlins, yet before some bigger price increases with deletes and changes.

I ordered the end of Jan 2022 and just got it home the day before New Years 2023 so I waited 11 months. I am so glad I pulled the trigger at that time.

With that said the PB F-150 really is a marvel of technology and drivability, so if you are waiting or dealing with the constraints, it will be well worth it in the end.
I have a MY 2022 and my truck is full of deletes. I think that the Job 2 2022s and 2023s are the max delete trucks.

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
WOW! That IS quite the wait! I'm now feeling especially lucky: placed my order for my '22 on December 10, 2021, and took delivery March 17, 2022. It was the first vehicle I had ever custom ordered in my life. Ford raised MSRP 3 times while it was being built, but still got mine at the original negotiated price. NO deletes!

SEPA F150

First Name
Shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Raptor
You can say that again! My truck is in production and I have access to the window sticker. No where on there does it say "Head up Display" as standard interior equipment.

However, I looked up a few raptors and it's on there.

I tell you this. NO WAY am I taking delivery of a truck that has anything but the pro-access tailgate deleted.
Sponsored