First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 , platinum, 2023 PowerBoost platinum
Occupation
Mechanic
Just a thought , how would I find out if my truck is capable of being able to update the software for hands free lane changing capability?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Your Truck has BlueCruise. The IPMA update is available. They havent sent it out OTA as of yet.

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Does this mean everyone with BC gets the update for lane change?

I'm in a 2021 and have BC.
VIN: 1FTFW1ED3MFD03481

If it is available can I do the update via FDRS?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Does this mean everyone with BC gets the update for lane change?

I'm in a 2021 and have BC.
VIN: 1FTFW1ED3MFD03481

If it is available can I do the update via FDRS?
Yes, eventually all BC equipped vehicles will get the updates version of BC that includes lane change assist.

For the time being, the updates in FDRS will give you the improved BC stability that will come with BC 1.4, but it will not activate lane change assist or the other BC 1.4 features. The updates that activate BC 1.4 have not yet been released via OTA or FDRS.

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Yes, eventually all BC equipped vehicles will get the updates version of BC that includes lane change assist.

For the time being, the updates in FDRS will give you the improved BC stability that will come with BC 1.4, but it will not activate lane change assist or the other BC 1.4 features. The updates that activate BC 1.4 have not yet been released via OTA or FDRS.
Thanks for the reply! Might have to find sometime to do the update.

Anyway to check what version of BC I have or is it all just v1.0 for now but with updated modules?
The truck says my BC Is about to expire in April and I can't make up my mind on subscribing or not.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks for the reply! Might have to find sometime to do the update.

Anyway to check what version of BC I have or is it all just v1.0 for now but with updated modules?
The truck says my BC Is about to expire in April and I can't make up my mind on subscribing or not.
No F150 has BC 1.4 by traditional means yet. What I can tell you: If you use BC a lot, the newer version of BC is MUCH better than 1.0. The updates needed for it are expected to pushed out to vehicles sooner than later bearing any more set backs.

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
No F150 has BC 1.4 by traditional means yet. What I can tell you: If you use BC a lot, the newer version of BC is MUCH better than 1.0. The updates needed for it are expected to pushed out to vehicles sooner than later bearing any more set backs.
I do really like BC and use it often. I'd be willing to go the FDRS route to get 1.4 if I don't get the software pushed to me when it comes out.

Will getting the recent FDRS updates help with BC? Even if it's not 1.4?

Cost of the renewal is the only setback for me but if it's good I might have to just bite the bullet and pay.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I do really like BC and use it often. I'd be willing to go the FDRS route to get 1.4 if I don't get the software pushed to me when it comes out.

Will getting the recent FDRS updates help with BC? Even if it's not 1.4?

Cost of the renewal is the only setback for me but if it's good I might have to just bite the bullet and pay.
Yes, the current IPMA and PSCM updates available only through FDRS for now will greatly improve BC 1.0 and certain driver assist features. If you use it a lot, it's worth $50, imo.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Yes, the current IPMA and PSCM updates available only through FDRS for now will greatly improve BC 1.0 and certain driver assist features. If you use it a lot, it's worth $50, imo.
I agree, updated my truck and went one a 1300 mile trip. Make the trip often and was always annoyed with the frequent dropouts of BC, none this time other than when in some crazy construction zones where the lines were screwed up.

kishorejoseph

First Name
Kishore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Ah man I definitely need to get this done now haha, thanks for the replies! Added to my to do list
Sponsored