First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone asked what it will cost to keep Bluecruise active once your free trial ends. I like it and would like to keep it, unless the cost is astronomical .
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Given that the cost difference between '21 Job 1 Blue cruise package, which had no automatic subscription (at first), was $600 less than '21 Job 2 trucks, which came with a 3 year subscription, in guessing it's $200/year.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Ford started making all the MME w/ BC and the 360 cams. They wanted $2k or so for 3yr sub to it (as in neither bluecruise nor the 360 cams worked w/ out sub), but just ended up making it free. I'm sure we'll see market demands / competition moving that price around. Curious if the lane keeping still works w/ out the BC sub specifically. Honestly it's not worth the $ IMO. I have one vehicle w/ and one with 'hands on' lane centering. I drag the wheel on my knee and it keeps it happy and doesn't bitch about seeing my eyes (more of an issue w/ MME cam being behind center of wheel and single hand 12 oclock driving makes it mad)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think I might be willing to pay $200 annually to disable the eye tracking.
I'm just saying

I love everything about my co-pilot that is riding with me everytime I get in the truck. But I'd be happy to reduce my privileges (hands free) just to take his IR/camera away from him.

Sponsored

mstfld

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150 5.0-2022 edge
Occupation
retired
I'm just saying

I love everything about my co-pilot that is riding with me everytime I get in the truck. But I'd be happy to reduce my privileges (hands free) just to take his IR/camera away from him.
I'll be tradeding in a year and a haft and in Iowa where I am at it doesn't work anyway.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I'll be tradeding in a year and a haft and in Iowa where I am at it doesn't work anyway.
I am in the same boat here in Arkansas. I have not found a sufficient amount of roadways that BC works on to keep it. $200 a year for maybe one or two trips in my truck where it might come in handy is too much. I would champion an option, where I can turn it on for a daily rate. It would be worth $7.00 ($200/31...roughly) a day to use on trips. I would also be behind a weighted cost. If you live in a metro area with tons of BC qualifying roads you pay $200. If you live in rural America, with much less access, you pay less.

mstfld

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150 5.0-2022 edge
Occupation
retired
I am in the same boat here in Arkansas. I have not found a sufficient amount of roadways that BC works on to keep it. $200 a year for maybe one or two trips in my truck where it might come in handy is too much. I would champion an option, where I can turn it on for a daily rate. It would be worth $7.00 ($200/31...roughly) a day to use on trips. I would also be behind a weighted cost. If you live in a metro area with tons of BC qualifying roads you pay $200. If you live in rural America, with much less access, you pay less.
I only make a couple of trips a year also and I don't think if works with my trailer.

cmaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
People with the bluecruise feature, do you like it so far?
I was watching reviews and the common complaint is how it handles speed during curves.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I'm just saying

HAL sees all

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
People with the bluecruise feature, do you like it so far?
I was watching reviews and the common complaint is how it handles speed during curves.
I love it and use it for a few hours a week. My only complaint is no lane changing and hopefully that is coming. I would pay a couple hundred a year for it for sure.

JM Dallas

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Interesting conversations, as I haven’t thought of the price of admission in the future. I am in DFW where it works quite well, and I use it almost everyday even on local roads. I drive about 25-30K a year and it definitely decreases the stress while driving. Not sure where my pain threshold would be to pay for it, but I likely would pay. Would prefer free though.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have ZERO problem with the cost for Bluecruise. It's worth it.

I just don't want the eye-scanner more than I do want Bluecruise.

Or if ONLY the hands on wheel was in play during non-Bluecruise driving, I'd be thrilled.

Since the eye scanner doesn't even exist in the non-Bluecruise trucks, those owners just THINK the hands-on-wheel thing is a nuisance.
It's nothing compared to that eye tracking with sun glasses and/or glare. Really detracts from what otherwise is fantastic, in my opinion.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
I only make a couple of trips a year also and I don't think if works with my trailer.
Not only doe Bluecruise not work when towing a trailer (biggest reason why I didn't order it), Lane Centering also does not work when towing a trailer. I just found that out the hard way. Now I need a FORScan code to turn that off! I could understand that with a heavy trailer. But a trailer that weighs less than 900 pounds? Come on!

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
AS it exists today, I'm not impressed enough with BlueCruise's performance to spend $200 a year for it. It drops out too frequently, particularly at off ramps/on ramps when striping goes irregular; and getting "eyes on the road" warnings when I sip from my large coffee tumbler or when I rub my eye(s) is quite irritating. If they add passing capability and some algorithm to deal with the on/off ramp striping, I might reconsider.
Sponsored