Sponsored

Early (Job1?) 2021 models, without having purchased an extended BlueCruise subscription, no longer have hands-free available

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
If you need to subscribe now, and upgraded as early as possible, you got ~9-10 months of BlueCruise for free that wasn't initially supposed to be included. The fact that your dealer misled you and you didn't realize it until it expired isn't Ford's fault. There should have also been several communications prior to now from Ford about it for you to get informed and ask questions.
It's probably just me, but your post isn't making sense.

Can you clarify?
Sponsored

Kaboom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I would think about it if we had updates to the Bluecruise, as it sits it is not a good system ping ponging and moving very close to big rigs. not enjoyable fighting it to center yourself. They would probably sell more had they pushed the updates. Just my 2 cents.

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Are all job 1 trucks supposed to get the nice discount at the end of their bluecruise subscription? I had a broken APIM and Ford fixed it under a TSB program. That TSB came with 12 months free from the date of the fix. Will I be offered the discount when that 1 year trial ends in August?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
It's probably just me, but your post isn't making sense.

Can you clarify?
I had my dates wrong, so the free time is actually longer. Job 1 trucks were supposed to pay for BlueCruise when it was finally sent out OTA and it activated in the truck. This was the message from Ford for those trucks as well. Due to delays, they offered a year(?) free. It initially came out in February/March '22. As the expiration for those first people was approaching, Ford extended the expiration to the end of 2023. If you updated when it was first available, it was 20+ months of free usage you were originally told you'd have to pay for. There were multiple messages from Ford and also posted here and other forums in that time explaining this as well. Even if the dealership lied, misunderstood and misled, owners should have still received something at some point during that time and could research the discrepancy. Any Job 1 '21 owners should have known well in advance this was coming and it shouldn't have been a shock to anyone.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
I had my dates wrong, so the free time is actually longer. Job 1 trucks were supposed to pay for BlueCruise when it was finally sent out OTA and it activated in the truck. This was the message from Ford for those trucks as well. Due to delays, they offered a year(?) free. It initially came out in February/March '22. As the expiration for those first people was approaching, Ford extended the expiration to the end of 2023. If you updated when it was first available, it was 20+ months of free usage you were originally told you'd have to pay for. There were multiple messages from Ford and also posted here and other forums in that time explaining this as well. Even if the dealership lied, misunderstood and misled, owners should have still received something at some point during that time and could research the discrepancy. Any Job 1 '21 owners should have known well in advance this was coming and it shouldn't have been a shock to anyone.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I updated all my modules using FDRS and my BlueCruise started working again even though my subscription expired and I did not renew it.
Ford F-150 Early (Job1?) 2021 models, without having purchased an extended BlueCruise subscription, no longer have hands-free available IMG_4049

OP
OP

r6express

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
That's interesting. Keep us posted on if it becomes deactivated again.

I still haven't received a single OTA update since my original post.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I updated all my modules using FDRS and my BlueCruise started working again even though my subscription expired and I did not renew it.
IMG_4049.jpeg
You can expect Ford to patch that bug.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Best unplug the TCU's antennas :ROFLMAO:
Might just accept that 50 year expiration
I had that same thought but I bet they baked into it needing to be online to keep working. At some point it will try to do license check I would think. Who knows though with our buggy software. 🤷‍♂️

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I had that same thought but I bet they baked into it needing to be online to keep working. At some point it will try to do license check I would think. Who knows though with our buggy software. 🤷‍♂️
I assume they are controlling certain things through FordPass since it is connected to our trucks. Can you have BlueCruise without FordPass?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I assume they are controlling certain things through FordPass since it is connected to our trucks. Can you have BlueCruise without FordPass?
No idea, I don't have Bluecruise.
I have connected navigation and crazy Alexa showing on FordPass app.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
My BlueCruise should be expired long ago and FordPass shows I need to activate it but it just keeps working and is really nice to have in stop and go Houston traffic.
Sponsored