First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FX4 PowerBoost, 64 El Camino, 65 Mustang Conv
Occupation
Software Engineer
This. So much this. Stubborn people are silly.
I was trying to explain to some coworkers the other day on the advantages of using Blue Cruise in traffic and they just looked at me like i have three heads.
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
My issue is similar to the old folks: it is great 99% of the time, but when it fails, it fails spectacularly. There is some percentage of the time that a system has to get things correct before it's a help rather than a hindrance, and it seems like most of the self-driving systems are right on that line at present. My goal is to keep this truck for ~10 years and ideally get a FSD 3/4 ton at that point.

I've spoken about my love-hate relationship with LKA/ACC before, and after using it pretty extensively, I'm glad that I have it but also glad that I don't have BlueCruise yet. The advantage of being able to safely focus on other things while traveling in your car is both obvious and game-changing, and yet my experiences with it lead me to believe that we have a lot of learning (read "early adopter fatalities") before the systems are there. Don't sign up for Stage I or II clinical trials and don't try to use alpha software in a production environment.

Robbie Racer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Not sure how it rated the hat high. I love most of the features, but true hands free driving leaves too much to be desired for my liking. It ping pongs waaayy too much for me. Doesn’t center in the lane well enough. A cop would totally pull you over thinking you’re drunk or texting, with all the side to side wandering in the lane. Can definitely use improvement. I’ll take my driving any day over BC.

Robbie Racer

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, that is my experience with BC as well. It seems to "hunt" for the center of the lane too much so I don't use it unless I'm driving out in wide open areas with minimal traffic.

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
My '21 PB qualified for the free 1 year upgrade from adaptive cruise control and lane centering to BC, and, for the most part, I don't care for it at all. Most of my highway driving is spent towing an Airstream, so hands-free BC doesn't kick in, but the new driver attention monitoring sure does apply. Unlike before the upgrade, I've found that sometimes it doesn't like me wearing sunglasses. Or a hat. Or, heaven forbid, a mask (I used to ferry my Stage 4 cancer patient buddy, but sadly no more). To be honest, I kinda can't wait for this free 1 year upgrade to BC to come to an end, and with any luck at all, I can get back to "normal" adaptive cruise control w/ lane centering. I've even asked my local dealer if I can "downgrade" away from Blue Cruise, and they say they checked with Ford, and the answer seems to be no, at least not at this time.
Sponsored