Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I agree that it is superior to the GM Super Cruise option, even with the lane change feature. I feel that GM's version seems rushed and doesn't hold the lane as well. My brother in law has a GMC with Super Cruise and it just seems skittish. If you are in the right lane, everytime you have an entrance ramp or exit ramp come on to the right that breaks up the solid line to you right, his truck lurches to the right. As such, he doesn't even use it in the right lane. It also seems herky jerky on its ACC function as well, slowing down and speeding up too quickly. BC just seems more smooth and fluid and does what it does much better than Super Cruise. I think that Ford made the right decision getting this initial phase right before rolling out lane change through OTA updates.
Sponsored

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
That's quite encouraging.

It's interesting when I talk about BlueCruise with friends or family. Pretty much anyone over 50 gives the response similar to "I don't trust it". Um - okay, I'm sure your reflexes in your 70's are better than a computer.
I just started my 60th year on this planet a few weeks ago and enjoy using BlueCruise!

I have taken a few long trips since getting my truck and find that I feel less fatigued after hours of driving using BlueCruise. The wife was a little nervous as a passenger when I first used it, but now she’s fine with it. I’m glad I opted for it when ordering the truck.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare

Kaboom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
If you are in the right lane, everytime you have an entrance ramp or exit ramp come on to the right that breaks up the solid line to you right, his truck lurches to the right. As such, he doesn't even use it in the right lane.

My BC does the exact same thing useless in the right hand lane shuts off every off/on ramp. In the left lane it tends to move to center when passing a car in the left, pretty nerve racking when it hugs the center line. Stopped using it alltogether.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Now if it only worked outside the US. Or if connected services were not tied to ATT. Oh well.
Works on 400 series highways and other 4 lane highways in southern Canada!

Sponsored

MichF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
How can Blue Cruise, or any of the the other systems be rated the same as Tesla for capabilities??? Not even close. Tesla can do so much more than any of the others. Strange.
FSD is still in beta. Most likely will always be due to liability.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
I've been in multiple Teslas, including to/from the mountains just a couple of weeks ago. Tesla definitely ahead of my Bluecruise. It can change lanes, it can see more vehicles on the road, etc.

That said, I do think BC is decent. I like hitting the cruise control button and it turns on, so I can take a drink of coffee, readjust or get something out of the center console, etc. I did have one or 2 scares where a lane expanded into 2 (single lane into a lane + passing lane) and the truck did not know which line to continue following. That was a bit scary and I think they may need to tweak how the truck responds when those type of situations happen.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I've been in multiple Teslas, including to/from the mountains just a couple of weeks ago. Tesla definitely ahead of my Bluecruise. It can change lanes, it can see more vehicles on the road, etc.

That said, I do think BC is decent. I like hitting the cruise control button and it turns on, so I can take a drink of coffee, readjust or get something out of the center console, etc. I did have one or 2 scares where a lane expanded into 2 (single lane into a lane + passing lane) and the truck did not know which line to continue following. That was a bit scary and I think they may need to tweak how the truck responds when those type of situations happen.
I have found BC or other driver assistance features also very helpful on long drives or when driving late at night. I normally don’t have a problem nodding off while driving, but it is nice to know I have some additional support if needed.

NVSTG8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Fire, Bomb, & Arson
Not sure how it rated the hat high. I love most of the features, but true hands free driving leaves too much to be desired for my liking. It ping pongs waaayy too much for me. Doesn’t center in the lane well enough. A cop would totally pull you over thinking you’re drunk or texting, with all the side to side wandering in the lane. Can definitely use improvement. I’ll take my driving any day over BC.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Well, after about 6 months or so of using BC on my early 2021 F150 and now experiencing SC on my new GMC Denali Ultimate 1500 I have no clue how the knuckleheads at CR would rate the BC significantly better. That's a serious head scratcher I purposely took a drive today with my GMC along I-94. There were 2 spots BC would drop consistently and it would go back to the adaptive cruise. The GMC never stopped at all. I ran right lane. No drifting at exits and allowed it to pass as needed. Passing is not a surprise because the seat bottom vibrates before making the lane change. Basically your left "cheek" to go left right cheek, right. No surprises. Difficult to operate? Huh? 3 steps activate the cruise, get to desired speed and set. Then touch the SC button. That's difficult? My Ford had a "nervous" steering wheel in BC. The GMC much steadier. I've never been in a Tesla and I suspect I never will. I'm not a sedan people mover guy.
Anyway, that's my take from personal experience not hearsay.

Sponsored

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
I got this note from service when I dropped my truck off for the BC update

"
Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01

Supplement # 2

Certain 2021 Model Year F-150 and Mustang Mach-E Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package (Includes Ford BlueCruise Prep Kit) - BlueCruise Module Programing

FSA Originating Hub: North America

******STOP****** Do NOT proceed with 21G01 BlueCruise updates for ALL VEHICLES at this time. IPC modules may not update. January 4, 2023 - Monitor this page for updates.

December 5, 2022 – Program extended until 12/31/23. Please note several Bulletin & Tech Info updates. After logging into Ford Diagnostic and Repair System (FDRS), ensure FDRS is updated to latest version (34.5.1 or higher).

August 26, 2022- If IPC software update is not offered in the step sequence, check for APIM/SYNC software update and Run the application. Re-check for IPC update once APIM/SYNC update completes.

June 2, 2022 – Certain cases of Inoperative BlueCruise After FSA 21G01

***** If all conditions for BlueCruise are met but cluster (IPC) states “Keep hands on steering wheel.”

________Refer to SSM 50824.

___________Run application “IPMA Configuration” and Clear DTC’s after programing.

___________Per Technical Information"

I'm envious of you that have the system functioning...

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Love my bluecruise despite the occasional schizophrenia at a lane division or offramp. Great for the long Haul. Been in several Teslas. None had the self driving feature cause the owners didn't want to pay 10-15K for the feature. Besides the tesla full self driving has had serious complaints in their boards. The name is misleading. Not sure if there is another lower level self driving that is equivalent to bluecruise and if it works better but to s certain degree we are talking apples and oranges about what tesla and Ford promise and deliver IMHO. 😜

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I got this note from service when I dropped my truck off for the BC update

"
Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01

Supplement # 2

Certain 2021 Model Year F-150 and Mustang Mach-E Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 Prep Package (Includes Ford BlueCruise Prep Kit) - BlueCruise Module Programing

FSA Originating Hub: North America

******STOP****** Do NOT proceed with 21G01 BlueCruise updates for ALL VEHICLES at this time. IPC modules may not update. January 4, 2023 - Monitor this page for updates.

December 5, 2022 – Program extended until 12/31/23. Please note several Bulletin & Tech Info updates. After logging into Ford Diagnostic and Repair System (FDRS), ensure FDRS is updated to latest version (34.5.1 or higher).

August 26, 2022- If IPC software update is not offered in the step sequence, check for APIM/SYNC software update and Run the application. Re-check for IPC update once APIM/SYNC update completes.

June 2, 2022 – Certain cases of Inoperative BlueCruise After FSA 21G01

***** If all conditions for BlueCruise are met but cluster (IPC) states “Keep hands on steering wheel.”

________Refer to SSM 50824.

___________Run application “IPMA Configuration” and Clear DTC’s after programing.

___________Per Technical Information"

I'm envious of you that have the system functioning...
I’m in the same boat. Either get the Bluecruise functioning on my truck or refund the money I paid for the prep package! This is completely crazy!

mstfld

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150 5.0-2022 edge
Occupation
retired
Ford’s BlueCruise Ousts GM’s Super Cruise as CR’s Top-Rated Active Driving Assistance System

Tesla Autopilot falls to midpack as other high-tech systems improve

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...riving-assistance-systems-review-a2103632203/

January 25, 2023

How We Rated the Systems
The 12 active driving assistance systems we tested were put through their paces around the track at our 327-acre Auto Test Center in Connecticut and on a 50-mile loop on public roads between September and December 2022. Each system was rated for its performance in 40 separate tests, such as steering the car, controlling the speed, and keeping the driver safe and engaged with the act of driving. Additional features such as automatic lane changes or reacting for traffic lights were not evaluated in this test.

screenshot-2023-01-25-at-8-55-03-am-jpg.jpg

screenshot-2023-01-25-at-8-55-19-am-jpg.jpg

screenshot-2023-01-25-at-8-55-27-am-jpg.jpg
I won't be renewing mine

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I spent a lot of effort with FDRS on my 2021 to get it completely uptodate. I think it was 24 updates total.
Man that truck was so much nicer in so many ways when I turned it in.

But the 2022 arrived fully functional and I didn't have to update anything except the TSB for trailer brake controller.

Having everything functional as designed, and then even new features added since acquisition (dual phone support and a better transmission shift strategy).... I'm renewing everything 2 years down the road. At least I think I will still feel the same way about it.
Sponsored