First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Anyone heard about the blue cruise update for the F150 hands free. It was supposed to come out last year. Postponed to first quarter this year. Still haven’t heard anything. I did read one update from Ford about Ford‘s purchase in 2021 with the blue Cruz 2.0 would get six months free
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Just got my truck back after two weeks at dealer, they could not update it to blue Cruz…

OleCuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch PowerBoost
Mine is updated (at the dealer) and BlueCruise works OK for me.

Sponsored

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I ordered a 2021 PB in April 2021, received it Nov 2021 and BlueCruise has worked perfectly for me. I even saw an update in Ford Pass (I believe) that now said there's over 150,000 of freeway miles that are BlueCruise capable, it was something like 110,000 miles before I believe.

OP
OP
A Dog

A Dog

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
My blue cruise also worked when I bought the truck. However it is not what Ford complete blue cruise should be capable of doing. Mine does not change lanes using the directional signal doesn’t speed up slow down break using blue Cruz. does the straight line hands-free.

mistermoon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 PB
Are all active assist 2.0 trucks eligible for blue cruise or is that an added option? Mine seems to have all the stuff, including the driver facing camera.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
My blue cruise also worked when I bought the truck. However it is not what Ford complete blue cruise should be capable of doing. Mine does not change lanes using the directional signal doesn’t speed up slow down break using blue Cruz. does the straight line hands-free.
Even though it’s only built to follow the lane, it should be speeding up, slowing down, and braking. That’s not even Blues Clues, that’s just the adaptive cruise control feature. Maybe check if you have it set to normal cruise control inadvertently under Features->Driver Assistance. It should be able to fully come to a stop in traffic and accelerate again (firsthand experience).

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Are you saying that it's not speeding up/slowing down when you approach another vehicle? And the "Hands Free" and little blue steering wheel is ON? That doesn't make sense, because the speed up/slow down isn't BlueCruise - that's Adaptive Cruise Control.

Also, my understanding is that, in order to engage BlueCruise (on a Blue Zone roadway), you MUST have both Active Cruise Control AND Lane Centering (not lane keeping - that is NOT the same as lane centering -- the latter us under the Adaptive Cruise Control sub menu) enabled AND active.

So it's not like you can have ACC turned OFF but BlueCruise enabled.

BlueCruise DOESN'T do lane changes with the directional signal ... yet. That is a feature that will be released/added in the future.

Sponsored

OP
OP
A Dog

A Dog

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I understand the above. Mine is on Bluecruz and the whole screen lights up in blue. Monitors your eyes to ensure you’re watching the road and switches back-and-forth to hands-free depending on the road. I might have to check it out a little more. My current issue is I bought the 2.0 fox front coil overs and rear. Done coil over before and they usually work great. They take a little of the roll out of the vehicle and improve towing and I thought I’d get it a little bit more level. Different issue however if you’re interested let me know. I’ll explain all the issues if anyone is thinking about the new fox 2.0 coilover for 2021 f150.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Mine works just fine but I wish it had a lane change function like the GM system..

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I understand the above. Mine is on Bluecruz and the whole screen lights up in blue. Monitors your eyes to ensure you’re watching the road and switches back-and-forth to hands-free depending on the road. I might have to check it out a little more. My current issue is I bought the 2.0 fox front coil overs and rear. Done coil over before and they usually work great. They take a little of the roll out of the vehicle and improve towing and I thought I’d get it a little bit more level. Different issue however if you’re interested let me know. I’ll explain all the issues if anyone is thinking about the new fox 2.0 coilover for 2021 f150.
Please what are your thoughts Im about to order these myself?

OP
OP
A Dog

A Dog

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I can tell you this much With PowerBoost, max tow package there is a 3 inch difference between the front and the rear of the truck. With the two point of Fox Cor over front and rear I only received about 7/8” lift in the front. That’s what just bouting them up. You have to take them back off spin a couple more threads to maybe get another half inch. If you’re lucky you might get another 1/2” height. That’s still not level. Make sure you tell whomever you buy them from you have the max tow package PowerBoost
Sponsored