Sponsored

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
I was wondering what that dummy plug on the back of the inside cover was and now I know...it's for blue cruise.
Sponsored

BarryT82

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF
Thanks for posting this. This may be worth a look for future "upgrades".

Are those lights shining through or just a reflection of something?
Those are lights shining through for the blue cruise system.

Richie_Czech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT High Powerboost 6.5' FX4 max trailer tow
This is really cool as an addition!

By the way, do you know of a way to turn on a sound in BLIS? I've been through this in the past gen when it wasn't possible, but just gotten into a new gen and am hoping it can play a sound, not just flash.

My Accord before I got rid of it would play a beep and flash when signal was activated and car in blind spot, the Fords (including my Mustang) only beep.

They only make a sound when in rear cross traffic mode. :(

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
This is really cool as an addition!

By the way, do you know of a way to turn on a sound in BLIS? I've been through this in the past gen when it wasn't possible, but just gotten into a new gen and am hoping it can play a sound, not just flash.

My Accord before I got rid of it would play a beep and flash when signal was activated and car in blind spot, the Fords (including my Mustang) only beep.

They only make a sound when in rear cross traffic mode. :(
Splicing in a buzzer would be easy. Amazon has a thousand little 12v buzzers that would work. I do not know for sure but I would bet that the power draw would not interfere with either the original BLIS or the new BLIS LED. However, I do not want the constant buzzing while the BLIS is active.

I have been looking for a 12v buzzer that beeps once when the light is first activated and then will not beep again until it resets. However, I have not found one yet.

You may want a constant buzz and you can muffle it if it is too loud so YMMV.

On a side note, a big shout out to anyone with Czech in their name. :)

Richie_Czech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT High Powerboost 6.5' FX4 max trailer tow
Splicing in a buzzer would be easy. Amazon has a thousand little 12v buzzers that would work. I do not know for sure but I would bet that the power draw would not interfere with either the original BLIS or the new BLIS LED. However, I do not want the constant buzzing while the BLIS is active.

I have been looking for a 12v buzzer that beeps once when the light is first activated and then will not beep again until it resets. However, I have not found one yet.

You may want a constant buzz and you can muffle it if it is too loud so YMMV.

On a side note, a big shout out to anyone with Czech in their name. :)
I'm Czech living in the US, that's why. ;)

Not a constant buzzer, I'd want it (the sound/buzzer) to only go off when BLIS detected a car and I put on a blinker, i.e. try to change lanes with car in BLIS.
My Accord 2018 had it (I traded it in for my Bullitt).

Both our Ford cars have BLIS, but I do miss an audible alert to accompany with the visual.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Used a different indicator light.

20230627_120847.jpg

20230627_120913.jpg

20230627_120926.jpg

20230627_121026.jpg
Very Nice! What I would like to find is a beeper that beeps once when the power is applied and then will not beep again until the power goes off and it resets. This would give a nice auditable beep when BLIS is activated, but not constant.

Great light you found there. It looks like it was made for it.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Very Nice! What I would like to find is a beeper that beeps once when the power is applied and then will not beep again until the power goes off and it resets. This would give a nice auditable beep when BLIS is activated, but not constant.

Great light you found there. It looks like it was made for it.
I had a thought regarding adding an audible alert, which I agree would be a nice touch. You already know which wires in the mirror harness power the BLIS indicator and would likely use said wires to close a relay for the audible beeper/buzzer; could you also figure out which wires from the blinker stalk are powered when either blinker is activated and use these wires for a relay in series with the first relay such that the buzzer/beeper only sounds when both relays are closed? The beeper would be silent for normal BLIS operation unless you turn on your blinker to merge, at which point you'll get that audible warning.

This might be a very 1990s way of thinking, and certain modules in these trucks could prevent this from working, but it's a thought anyway.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I had a thought regarding adding an audible alert, which I agree would be a nice touch. You already know which wires in the mirror harness power the BLIS indicator and would likely use said wires to close a relay for the audible beeper/buzzer; could you also figure out which wires from the blinker stalk are powered when either blinker is activated and use these wires for a relay in series with the first relay such that the buzzer/beeper only sounds when both relays are closed? The beeper would be silent for normal BLIS operation unless you turn on your blinker to merge, at which point you'll get that audible warning.

This might be a very 1990s way of thinking, and certain modules in these trucks could prevent this from working, but it's a thought anyway.
IMO that 1990's way of thinking has potential, one would likely need to consider an arrangement of diodes (other than the LEDs themselves) in the circuit to prevent 'backfeed' so the BLIS alert doesn't activate the turn-signal or vice-versa.

Yeah, it's quite possible that the 'fault-finding logic' associated with the turn-signal lamps might not play nice with the notion. IMO rigorous testing in search of unintended consequences of all sorts would be in order, the undertaking would certainly not be the KISS project offered by the original idea.

Last edited:

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I am ordering some of these micro relays to add a buzzer to my BLIS. When the blinker is activated it will close the relay and then allow the buzzer to activate if the BLIS light goes on. It's the smallest relay I could find.
Cool, please keep us updated in this thread, subscribed and looking forward to your updates and shared experience! (y) :)

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am ordering some of these micro relays to add a buzzer to my BLIS. When the blinker is activated it will close the relay and then allow the buzzer to activate if the BLIS light goes on. It's the smallest relay I could find.

Relay: https://www.pishop.us/product/relay-for-microbit/

Buzzer:https://www.amazon.com/outstanding-10-Pack-Connector-Electronic-Loudspeaker/dp/B08HQ2R4ZL/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2NKTYB3QUC1FA&keywords=12v+buzzer&qid=1688134039&sprefix=12v+buzzer,aps,112&sr=8-10

1688133983314.png
Yeah baby! :) Keep us up to date with your project. That will be a great addition if you get it working.

If the buzzer is too loud, just tape some foam over it and that will quiet it down.

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A

Relay: https://www.pishop.us/product/relay-for-microbit/

Buzzer:https://www.amazon.com/outstanding-10-Pack-Connector-Electronic-Loudspeaker/dp/B08HQ2R4ZL/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2NKTYB3QUC1FA&keywords=12v+buzzer&qid=1688134039&sprefix=12v+buzzer,aps,112&sr=8-10

1688133983314.png
Hey @heffer86, did you figure anything out?

In my truck, if I remember correctly, if BLISS is activated and I put my linker ON then BLISS will start to blink - this is when the buzzer would need to beed - it's a bit more difficult to detect this, unless the wires can be traced closer to the source and the buzzer is controlled by 2 inputs and both need to be on.