Sponsored

Best interior cell phone holder?

garagegymgoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Star White Lariat 502A w/ BAP
Absolutely love the proclip! I do not have the wireless charging but I have a tiny USB that reaches just to the mount and then I tuck it in the compartment when not in use.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
When I'm driving normally, I just put it in the slot in front of the stupid console shifter. When I go all three eyed raven with three phones, I mount each one on this mount. :ROFLMAO:

Ford F-150 Best interior cell phone holder? 1686316139700

Last edited:

Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Ah yes, Pro Clip. I almost bought this but noticed they don't have a deep cell phone holder for the credit cards on the back. I just messaged them to see if they have them available or can build one. But I'm for sure going with this one now!!
https://www.proclipusa.com/collecti...phone-12#case:Rugged Case||Power:Non-Charging

The design of this type of holder has room on the back for things such as pop socket and mag mount wallet. I use this the phone slides in and out and has room behind it.

David1234

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Yes I got you…

This base: https://www.proclipusa.com/products/855664-ford-f-150-upper-center-dash-mount

With this magnetic wireless charger:
https://www.proclipusa.com/products/magicmount-pro-charge5-phone-holder

I have this vehicle-specific setup in my Camry and love it so much I immediately ordered one for my f150 when I got it. Magnet is insanely strong, mount is in perfect position, AND it charges while it’s connected. Can’t beat it. Love it. And you can order everything together as a kit from proclipusa

D6A00E93-A833-4AE1-A988-14D4AC808CFF.png
33712A02-C77E-4192-A825-12C94D9C3CD0.png

5CE9BB1A-0D1C-440D-ACCD-DFAB162A63A7.jpeg
How did you route the wire for the charger?
I like this setup, but don't want wires hanging.
I assume there's room to run the wire behind the bezel and down to the usb ports in the center console?
Can you point me to a video or pictures that shows how to remove the trims and best route for routing the wire down to the usb ports?

Codycat91

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
ER Nurse
There is room behind the bezel. Just pop it off, route your wires, and pop the bezel back on

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
This looks like my favorite so far. I don’t really care about mag charging simply because I don’t want to route wires lol
I can report it holds your phone rock solid.

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I keep getting a laugh every time I pass this thread because it makes me wonder if anyone is using an Exterior phone holder.

Oh and I have been using a vent clip one from Belkin with great success. I have it clipped on the bottom of the vent and my trailer knob acts as a nice support behind it. I prefer to use wired car play so I don’t have it plugged into anything but like that I have the option for longer trips. I grabbed one open box on Amazon for about $20

Belkin MagSafe Compatible Car Phone Magnetic Charging Air Vent Mount

Magnetic Charging Air Vent Mount - Air Vent Phone Holder and Charger for iPhone 14, 13, and 12, Pro, Pro Max, Mini (Power Supply Sold Separately) https://a.co/d/61DLHol

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
How did you route the wire for the charger?
I like this setup, but don't want wires hanging.
I assume there's room to run the wire behind the bezel and down to the usb ports in the center console?
Can you point me to a video or pictures that shows how to remove the trims and best route for routing the wire down to the usb ports?

One thing to keep in mind... if you plug a MagSafe charger into the USB ports in the console below the Sync display then you will get a Sync4 warning that the device in the USB port is not compatible. (Or something similar). It still works, but the warning gets annoying after a while.

That's because it's expecting a phone with Airplay or Android Auto at the other end of the USB cable. The ports inside the center armrest are charge-only ports, so you don't get that warning.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer