First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I’ve been selling tires for 18 years and lately I’m fond of Yokohama truck tires.
That’s what I’d get for my truck if I was in the market.

zklopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Lexus ES350
I love those general grabbers. are those 275 60r20? I am looking at the 275 65r20 possibly but don't want to level. Could you post a few more pics?

Sponsored

dcamm94

First Name
Fort Worth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch FX4 Powerboost; 2015 Lexus GX
Hey folks. Just joined here. Have a new 2022 F150 KR FX4 PB and was disappointed with the look of the stock Pirelli's. It probably doesn't help that my last truck was a stock 2017 Raptor Supercab short box. I was looking for information on the 275/65/20s with respect to rubbing without a leveling kit. I'd prefer not to have one. Looks like it works but I'll need to get a forscan to make the whole thing complete, but the info y'all have posted is so helpful I decided to join.

Tires will probably have to wait until the Pirelli's need replacing because before I do anything I've got to get the Truck Gear LPX tonneau, Line-x Bedliner and Line-x rear wheel wells done.

Thanks for all of the useful information.
Ford F-150 Best All-Terrain tire for stock 20 inch wheel 1657126421284

Kliza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Hey folks. Just joined here. Have a new 2022 F150 KR FX4 PB and was disappointed with the look of the stock Pirelli's. It probably doesn't help that my last truck was a stock 2017 Raptor Supercab short box. I was looking for information on the 275/65/20s with respect to rubbing without a leveling kit. I'd prefer not to have one. Looks like it works but I'll need to get a forscan to make the whole thing complete, but the info y'all have posted is so helpful I decided to join.

Tires will probably have to wait until the Pirelli's need replacing because before I do anything I've got to get the Truck Gear LPX tonneau, Line-x Bedliner and Line-x rear wheel wells done.

Thanks for all of the useful information.
1657126421284.png
Everything I am reading you need to get a leveling kit in order to get the 275/65R20s in without rubbing.

dcamm94

First Name
Fort Worth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's what I'm seeing and hearing also. Seems like a lot of cash for a slight appearance advantage. The Cooper Rugged Trek's are intriguing, because stock they also add a 1/2 inch to overall size at 275/60/20, and they're about $45-$50 (if not more) less per tire than the 275/65's pretty much across the board. Add that to the cost of adding the leveling kit and the stock size seems more attractive. As long as that's the case, I'll probably just ride on the crappy pirellis until I get stuck the first time - then I can justify a tire change to my wife. In any event, I'm spending over $2k this weekend on the Line-X (bed and rear fender wells) and the tonneau cover, so I'll let the wallet cool off a bit. Thank you for the response.

TJH0007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat, '11 M3, '01 SpecMiata
I have had KO2s on previous vehicles. I have nothing bad to say about them at all. I Just ordered Nitto recon grapplers for my stock 18s. Simply wanted to try something different

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Everything I am reading you need to get a leveling kit in order to get the 275/65R20s in without rubbing.
That's what I'm seeing and hearing also. Seems like a lot of cash for a slight appearance advantage. The Cooper Rugged Trek's are intriguing, because stock they also add a 1/2 inch to overall size at 275/60/20, and they're about $45-$50 (if not more) less per tire than the 275/65's pretty much across the board. Add that to the cost of adding the leveling kit and the stock size seems more attractive. As long as that's the case, I'll probably just ride on the crappy pirellis until I get stuck the first time - then I can justify a tire change to my wife. In any event, I'm spending over $2k this weekend on the Line-X (bed and rear fender wells) and the tonneau cover, so I'll let the wallet cool off a bit. Thank you for the response.
You shouldn't need a level for 275/65r20 with no rubbing. See this thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/factory-wheels-with-aftermarket-tire-thread.1246/

Sponsored

dcamm94

First Name
Fort Worth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I read through some of that thread after I joined. Decisions decisions.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
I'm going to throw out the Toyo OC AT3. I love that tire, along with the KO2..

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I recommend the pirelli scorpion all terrain plus. They are an all terrain tire with 3 peak snow rating. They are quiet, have good feedback, and have performed well for me. Fuel economy isn’t affected as they are p rated tires. They have a fairly high load rating for p rated so with the lower payload of my PB I don’t have to worry about upgrading to heavier tires for hauling my camper or trailers. They are also what is shipped on the new Rivian, so clearly they can handle instant and massive torque.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Aggressive tread means a noisier tire on the highway. Also more likely to pick up rocks and toss them up at the body of the truck.

A tire profile that is great for sand and snow will not be the best choice for gravel and mud. All terrain is really an oxymoron when it comes to tires. All will have their strengths and weaknesses and that is why all the tire companies make many versions of "off-road" tires.
Sponsored