Sponsored

Bakflip Mx4 Hard Tonneau with Drop In Bed Liner Drain Tubes?

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I am just picking up my new f150 it has a factory drop in bed liner. I want to do my bakflip mx4 tonneau cover.

What is the best way to do the drain tubes for the bakflip cover with the drop in bed liner already installed?

Or do I need to even worry about the tubes?

Difference between drop in and spray in (the spray in has the drain plugs exposed and you can drill into for the drain tubes)
Sponsored

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
I cut 1-1/2" holes in both corners of the drop-in bedliner over the plugged holes in the box. I then drilled the holes in the bed plugs and found two-part 1-1/2" plastic plugs at local hardware store that had an insert with the 1/2" hole and routed the tubes and then filled the bedliner holes around the tubes using the plastic plugs.
Ford F-150 Bakflip Mx4 Hard Tonneau with Drop In Bed Liner Drain Tubes? BAKFlip DRain Tube

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I cut 1-1/2" holes in both corners of the drop-in bedliner over the plugged holes in the box. I then drilled the holes in the bed plugs and found two-part 1-1/2" plastic plugs at local hardware store that had an insert with the 1/2" hole and routed the tubes and then filled the bedliner holes around the tubes using the plastic plugs.
BAKFlip DRain Tube.jpg
Thanks!

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I’ve cut holes at the top, and run them down. Then you don’t see them. You may also have to trim out part of the liner for the rails to fit properly.

Ive trimmed out every bed liner so far, and had no problem turning my lease in with it that way, minus the cover.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve cut holes at the top, and run them down. Then you don’t see them. You may also have to trim out part of the liner for the rails to fit properly.

Ive trimmed out every bed liner so far, and had no problem turning my lease in with it that way, minus the cover.
I've been contemplating trimming the liner for a better fitting rail but was reluctant to do so. It is a marginal fit right now but works, but there is no adjustability. Trimming the liner would let me fit it properly. Thanks for the comment.

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I've been contemplating trimming the liner for a better fitting rail but was reluctant to do so. It is a marginal fit right now but works, but there is no adjustability. Trimming the liner would let me fit it properly. Thanks for the comment.
No problem! This last bedliner was the worst. I don’t know if it’s because of the extra power port in the back (not sure why they bothered for the 400w inverter) that makes it fit like crap or what.

I will probably remove it soon enough if I can wedge it into overhead storage in the garage and go with a bed mat, and jut put in back in at return time. The fit is so bad you can’t even mount the cleats on the sides if you wanted to because the hole doesn’t line up good enough.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No problem! This last bedliner was the worst. I don’t know if it’s because of the extra power port in the back (not sure why they bothered for the 400w inverter) that makes it fit like crap or what.

I will probably remove it soon enough if I can wedge it into overhead storage in the garage and go with a bed mat, and jut put in back in at return time. The fit is so bad you can’t even mount the cleats on the sides if you wanted to because the hole doesn’t line up good enough.
I also noticed that the drop-in bedliner is really poorly made this time. The plastic it thinner and the fit is way worse than my previous three. Ford is really punishing us owners with their cost reduction efforts.
Sponsored