ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey guys, my immediate family has had 4 trucks since I can remember and they all have drop in bed liners. I am debating between Drop in or Spray in for when I order the 2021 F150, any tips between which one is better? Also can the spray in liner gets damaged can it be removed and resprayed?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SCREW
Occupation
Education
I have had the ford spray in liner on there trucks. Never had it damaged but dealer old me that if I ever fougedit they would patch it for free, for as long as I own the truck. Never have had to do that in the 9 years.

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors
Hey guys, my immediate family has had 4 trucks since I can remember and they all have drop in bed liners. I am debating between Drop in or Spray in for when I order the 2021 F150, any tips between which one is better? Also can the spray in liner gets damaged can it be removed and resprayed?
The spray in liner should last the life of the truck unless you are extremely hard on the bed...

The old plastic slide in liners rusted the bed in weird areas where it contacted the metal and rubbed but the aluminum seems to corrode slower...

I have had the spray in liners, but have had the bedrug mat on the floor so that it is flat and cushioned...

BedRug mat

1599887531265.png

igor

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
The spray in liner should last the life of the truck unless you are extremely hard on the bed...

The old plastic slide in liners rusted the bed in weird areas where it contacted the metal and rubbed but the aluminum seems to corrode slower...

I have had the spray in liners, but have had the bedrug mat on the floor so that it is flat and cushioned...

BedRug mat

1599887531265.png
+1 for those bed rugs. LOVE mine

executor485

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
I opted to not go with the Ford spray in liner. Lots of research and experience. My 2015 had some spots that came up and peeled off on bolts, etc. Not the worst liner, but with Rhinoliner and Line-X providing a very good product and warranty for the same price, I like how they prep the area to hold the liner. Ford doesn’t perform a good prep surface and if you’re hard on the bed it is more likely to have issues.
I can’t fault Ford for the bed liner option, it works well. But for the same price, I am choosing Line-X this time around. They do a lot more prep and it’s an overall cleaner installation.

OP

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Occupation
Software Engineer
I opted to not go with the Ford spray in liner. Lots of research and experience. My 2015 had some spots that came up and peeled off on bolts, etc. Not the worst liner, but with Rhinoliner and Line-X providing a very good product and warranty for the same price, I like how they prep the area to hold the liner. Ford doesn’t perform a good prep surface and if you’re hard on the bed it is more likely to have issues.
I can’t fault Ford for the bed liner option, it works well. But for the same price, I am choosing Line-X this time around. They do a lot more prep and it’s an overall cleaner installation.
Thank you for the advice!

ldsavow

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

BedRug mat

1599887531265.png
I have also had the BedRug liner on my current truck for the last 15 years!
Damn thing lasted and lasted and lasted.
Will be installing another one in my new 21 just as soon as I take delivery of it..

Makes crawling in and out of the truck MUCH nicer on my knees!!!

Granger Ford

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director for Granger Motors
How does the bed rug hold up to abuse, hauling dirt, cinder block etc?
Only hauled dirt in my 2015 with it and it did fine, just did it once so I cannot attest to longevity with continued use..

The BedRug system is a tough product...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 King Ranch F150; 2020 Lexus RX350; 2016 Dodge Challanger Hellcat
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Plus with Line-X, and I assume Rhinoliner, comes with life time guarantee, the factory installed is 3 years. So for the same money, I'm doing Line-X.

Advertisement

Advertisement