Sponsored

Cargo sliding around on drop in bed liner.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Saw a YT video that someone used a light weight chain and secured it on each side of the bed and then can use the links in the chain to run tie downs across the bed to hold stuff. Using this method gives you the entire length of the bed to pick the best spot (whichever link you want) to secure the tie downs. I thought that was a cool cheap option. I carry a lot of different size cargo sometimes and I may try this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LFRoss

LFRoss

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT CREW CAB 5.0
Occupation
Forklift mechanic
Saw a YT video that someone used a light weight chain and secured it on each side of the bed and then can use the links in the chain to run tie downs across the bed to hold stuff. Using this method gives you the entire length of the bed to pick the best spot (whichever link you want) to secure the tie downs. I thought that was a cool cheap option. I carry a lot of different size cargo sometimes and I may try this.
that’s an interesting idea. I like it. I don’t carry large cargo very often but may do this on the few occasions i do

PowerBoostSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet Powerboost
This is what I made for mine. I had the same problem with gas/diesel cans sliding around. Look at it closely to see how it is secured. The horizontal boards are removable. Notice I also have a rubber bed mat (from Ford).

P1020216.jpeg

P1020413.jpeg
I have the same rubber bed liner as well, it is pretty sticky and keeps most things from sliding around too much - a gate or 2X6 across the bed behind the wheel wells works ...

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I know a lot of hate on drop-ins but I have one with a Ford rubber mat. I also use an adjustable load bar. Works well for me and I also have a tonneau cover.

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Expanding cargo bar and collapsible shopping baskets for my grocery getting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3GNL76F

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01414B9HI
I keep a couple of these in the backseat (4 door Supercrew, no kids at home anymore so the backseat are normally folded up. I LOVE that flat floor.)

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...VYCmtBh3wHwQEEAQYASABEgKxEfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ace Hardware will sell 'em to you for $15. Works a treat.
I toss bags of groceries in there - keeps the avocados from rolling under the front seats. When I get home I just haul the whole basket avocados and all into the house.
When there's someone in the backseat I just toss the baskets in the bed.
I also keep a long pole in the bed with a large hook screwed into the end made from an old mop handle. Makes it easy to snag errant strollers or baskets that have migrated to the front of the bed. I also carry around a ratcheting pole that sometimes comes in handy. I used to have a drop in liner in my old GMC and the ratcheting bar worked fine. I ditched the liner years ago and went to a spray in LineX bed liners. Haven't looked back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LFRoss

LFRoss

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT CREW CAB 5.0
Occupation
Forklift mechanic
I keep a couple of these in the backseat (4 door Supercrew, no kids at home anymore so the backseat are normally folded up. I LOVE that flat floor
I have 2 young kids still in car seats so the bed is really the only place for anything substantial.
Sponsored