Sponsored

B&O Unleashed… the Worst of OEM Offerings

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Putting the fade into back seat did make huge difference in the sound on way to work this morning. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Yeah I’ve been curious about people on here’s home setups. I am definitely not audiophile but consider myself somewhat discerning and think the system sounds good overall. I agree with complaints about being overly heavy on the center channel with music (it’s clearly there and tuned for calls/podcasts etc) and when the windows are down it really flattens out but overall I think it sounds quite good. As others have said - otherwise my issues are with sound source. SiriusXM in particular is so centered in one range that it tends to just come out the center channel.
I run Wilson Audio and McIntosh at home.

I have no intention on upgrading the system in my truck. It’s sufficient for a non properly sound treated environment with road noise.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Putting the fade into back seat did make huge difference in the sound on way to work this morning. Thanks for the tip.
I find if you fade past the head rests you start losing perceived volume, most music is mixed to come from in front of you.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I run Wilson Audio and McIntosh at home.

I have no intention on upgrading the system in my truck. It’s sufficient for a non properly sound treated environment with road noise.
Exactly my thoughts. Again not the worlds most discerning listener (I admitted - we are Sonos household) but think it does the job well for what it is. When I really want to listen to music I break out the headphones but that’s probably just because I’ve found that to the relatively best bang for the buck for audio quality and I prefer things isolated anyway when really diving in.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
While I realize the linked song below is not for everyone, I suggest giving it a try on the Unleashed System. It's one of the best examples of the systems imaging capabilities I've heard. My source is an "ai Carplay box" but I'm playing it through YouTube Music. Most songs through the same setup are very heavy on the front center channel for sure. This one just brings all the channels to life for me.

Click here to play: Lean On

Or

Click here to play: Long Cool Woman

Last edited:

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
It really is the best move you can make... 13 speakers in front of the head rests and 5 behind you... near the floor... behind a backseat is a horrible layout. The tweeters in the headrests are virtually useless. So you have 9 speakers, mainly all tweets or very small mids screaming at your face and the only thing behind you is muffled and\or no where near ear level.

Just had my audio guy out today and we are talking about, if possible, putting tweets in the rear pillars and maybe in the rear door up high. Kinda shocked the sub is sitting in a Nike AirJordan sized shoebox. I cant recall exactly but I think my 2015 Plat had a much larger box for the sub.
I guess the only positive I got today was I tapped the hole for the seat release pin. I cant find my this straps so I lazily did a ziptie.
Ford F-150 B&O Unleashed… the Worst of OEM Offerings 20230502_142952

Ford F-150 B&O Unleashed… the Worst of OEM Offerings 20230502_143011

Ford F-150 B&O Unleashed… the Worst of OEM Offerings 20230502_132442

Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Wow, I had bigger all-in-one sub in my last truck that was bigger than that. Sounded great for my needs in that old super cab.
Sponsored