First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4
Occupation
Software Architect
I just bought a 2021 F150 XLT FX4 but it just came with standard running boards. Does anyone know how much the dealer charges to upgrade or if I'm better off just going to a local 4x4 shop? Or is it an easy DIY?
Sponsored

Aeroturbine

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I just bought a 2021 F150 XLT FX4 but it just came with standard running boards. Does anyone know how much the dealer charges to upgrade or if I'm better off just going to a local 4x4 shop? Or is it an easy DIY?
I couldn't order them on my Supercab so I purchased a set of AMP Powersteps (Plug and Play)Model 76152-01A for $1470.00. Seems like a lot but these are real nice steps and make the truck look better in my opinion. I'll be installing them myself when the truck arrives. Check out some YouTube videos to see if you can handle it yourself.

OP
OP

bcarpio

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4
Occupation
Software Architect
Thanks! I will check this model out and the youtube videos. I'm far from a mechanic but I can do the basics like my brakes, suspensions, etc.. so hopefully this falls into that range of simplicity.

Aeroturbine

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I fall into that category of mechanic as well so I don't see any issue with the installation. It looks like a fun afternoon project. I got mine at TonneauCovered.com and felt the price was very fair.
Sponsored