First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Today i finally had a light bulb moment and noticed both running boards deploy if driver door is opened.

and also both will deploy if passenger is only door opened
seemed weird
my 2016 expedition would only deploy the driver side if that was the only side opened

wonder why they changed the brains to make both sides drop down if only one side is open?
Sponsored

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
Be thankful that they still deploy at all. I have been having issues with my boards not deploying for months. The dealership finally replaced the motor that operates them, that worked for about two weeks and now the drivers side board works about 50% of the time. Going to wait till I take it in for a oil change to let them check it again. Frustrating!

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I am seriously considering removing my OEM powered running boards and installing Amp powered running boards.

I don’t care for the noise, shape, style and how they don’t drop down as far as the gen 13 trucks did.

I wonder if the wiring would be real easy since it has the OEM boards. Hmm.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I am seriously considering removing my OEM powered running boards and installing Amp powered running boards.

I don’t care for the noise, shape, style and how they don’t drop down as far as the gen 13 trucks did.

I wonder if the wiring would be real easy since it has the OEM boards. Hmm.
HA! This was my thinking. I also got the powered running boards and said that with the basic foundation of electric and programing already there it would easier for me to install similar boards later on if needed.

Sadly OEM works with only two motors and the 3rd party better ones work with four. I hope I do not have any issues and this becomes a moot point, but only time will tell. I do plan to keep mine lubed up regularly so we'll see how it goes.

Stap9716

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 liconic silver lariat sport 5.0 157 wheelbase
I removed mine and installed the AMP research ones and they're great!

The stock ones are useless! dont come down enough,very loud,thick and both come out no matter what door you open
(the stock ones on my 2011 are still working and are good,thats why I ordered them on this truck
but definitely not the same kind)

I didn't try to make the AMPs work in the screen settings,I just disconnect from OBSD if I dont want them to come out when i open the door,and I was able to mount the board further back like the longer stock ones,to access the bed
Sponsored