First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
vintage motorcycle restoration
It has been submitted to Ford twice and they said they are not required to buy it back under Texas law both times.
I'd blow them up on social media- and file a complaint with the BBB. Did you actually have a lemon law attorney? I certainly wouldn't trust Ford to admit they should buy it back.

This is a long thread on the Challenger forum, but essentially, he got them to buy the car back after a bunch of youtube influencers did videos on the car and it's problems.
https://www.challengertalk.com/thre...wants-me-to-take-monetary-hit.710097/#replies
Sponsored

Last edited:

rjinaz

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost 701A
My 23 PB Platinum is barely 2 months old and it's paid for.
Has an 8 year/100k ESP as well.
I'm riding out the ESP.
The Gen 15 trucks should be starting mid cycle refresh by that time.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
It has been submitted to Ford twice and they said they are not required to buy it back under Texas law both times.
Can I ask what you mean by submitted to Ford twice? Did an attorney do it?
On the face of it, it seems like it qualifies as it impairs the vehicles use, isn't the result of abuse/modifications, is covered by the warranty and dealer has been given reasonable attempts (more than 30 days)....
Is there more to it?

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
Nope! Have 2 24 trucks locally that meet the needs both 5.0 max tow 302a in Granite. Just cannot get over the truck having chrome mirror caps and a shiny black wrapped grill that looks like it has a snorkel mask wrapped around it..

Parked the 22 side by side with the salesman and walked to my truck then stated just cannot do it. Not appealing at all.

jridout325

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
With the 24' 5.0 apparently losing the ability to use E85 there is no way I will be giving up my 22' I even like the new look but not being able to use E85 would be a deal breaker for me

Sponsored

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yeah, the REV's use-case/niche on a price/performance ratio starts to skew when you factor in a comparable ICE/FHEV truck and an EV errand runner as a duo. 2 vehicles cuts both ways, you have a spare, but you also have to keep some level of insurance on it which does add up. A sporty CUV EV can still hold 5 people or even a good store run while being a more compact package / traffic friendly. The ICE truck will still be the same price as the REV while doing long-legged truck things. There's about 10 people I know of with a similar Truck / EV combo. I've got 25 months of ownership and less than 7k miles on the PB thanks to the EV beater whose fuel costs has a negligible difference on the electric bill.

When the EV transition goes mainstream and gasoline begins to fall into a waste-pricing model, things will get interesting. Ships and aviation need their fuels and there's always going to be a healthy amount of gasoline as a byproduct. We already flare enough natural gas within the ConUS to meet almost half of california's electrical needs because it costs more to move it than it's worth. I have questions regarding the feasibility of building a thermal plant and a set of lines to connect it to the grid in some capacity since it's being burned anyway. The EV transition will shift burden from the pump to the grid so all avenues should be explored. $10k (and cheaper) EVs are on the horizon with new battery costs dropping down to $40/kWh thanks to sodium, which also drastically reduces the 'really cold' temp hits.
Not sure if you have missed the news but EVs have crashed and burned. They had everything behind them desperately trying to push them forward from the Government scare tactics and mandates to auto makers saying by 20** we will be all Electric. Now these companies are posting BILLION $$$$ loses every quarter on EVs.

It will be YEARS before EVs are mainstream, hybrids will be mainstream for years before people gain confidence in EVs.

We are seeing another major issue starting to appear in EVs the cost of battery replacements is more than pricing value of the used EV. Nobody is going to buy an ev with 99k miles for $14k when the battery replacement could cost $17k.

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
With the 24' 5.0 apparently losing the ability to use E85 there is no way I will be giving up my 22' I even like the new look but not being able to use E85 would be a deal breaker for me
What this guy said. ZERO interest in upgrading. I'll keep my analog tach too.
I do like the styling on some trims and supposedly improved reliability...

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Not sure if you have missed the news but EVs have crashed and burned. They had everything behind them desperately trying to push them forward from the Government scare tactics and mandates to auto makers saying by 20** we will be all Electric. Now these companies are posting BILLION $$$$ loses every quarter on EVs.

It will be YEARS before EVs are mainstream, hybrids will be mainstream for years before people gain confidence in EVs.

We are seeing another major issue starting to appear in EVs the cost of battery replacements is more than pricing value of the used EV. Nobody is going to buy an ev with 99k miles for $14k when the battery replacement could cost $17k.
Yeah, I've been following the news much closer than just headlines. Legacy OEMs are trying unsuccessfully to brute force into EVs. Now that this admin has green-lit china's mexico EV facilities, we'll soon be having EVs dumped into the US market essentially taking over the budget vehicle market. $10k EVs are coming, and they're going to be everywhere. There will also be a vehicle in every price range.

EV adoption would be much higher if they were honest about them. Many EV owners here on the forum and now that they fully understand their strengths and weaknesses, many have owned more than one. I laughed at EVs for a while, granted Elon's bare-bones were the only competition for a while, but now there's many more options. There are very few people truly educated on EVs who wouldn't agree with them being an overwhelming better option for at least half of households and a very easy shoe-in for multi-vehicle households. Every single morning you go to your vehicle, there's 200 miles+ range that awaits. If you drive more than 200 miles a day, 1 I feel sorry for you, 2, there's EVs with more range available. Public charging infrastructure only enters the picture if you want to road trip, or can't charge at home/work.

They're faster, more maneuverable, have low CG, virtually no maintenance, and with most utilities offering cheap charging rates, they're almost free to run. I've got cheap gas here and for the price of 1 gallon my EV goes 200 miles. No oil changes, plugs, trans (and all related ICE nonsense to deal with). Doesn't need to warm up a combustion engine, just get in and go. They're nearly silent and no exhaust. You really start to get used to breathing clean air and when you come across a stink shitbox you have to turn on recirc. These are things that you get used to over time. Very few EVs owners that were educated going into them regret them. I do feel bad for those suckered into buying one with no home charging access -- right now that's a must.

Unlike some countries, we're still in the "gradually" phase. "Suddenly" is coming. There will still be room for gas vehicles -- ships and aircraft still need their fuels so gasoline will be cheap as demand weigns. Despite headlines, internal combustion vehicles reached their peak over 5 years ago in the US. Each year there will be less and less combustion vehicles sold until they're gone entirely. At the same time there's not even a vehicle hinted at that'd have me trade my powerboost for.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Can I ask what you mean by submitted to Ford twice? Did an attorney do it?
On the face of it, it seems like it qualifies as it impairs the vehicles use, isn't the result of abuse/modifications, is covered by the warranty and dealer has been given reasonable attempts (more than 30 days)....
Is there more to it?
Ford customer relations is the one that submitted to buyback request to the department that handles it. Under Texas lemon law, it has to be under 24 months after purchase and be under 24,000 miles.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Nope. Can't even order my truck combo. I have 0% financing and the price has gone up over $8000 more than I paid. I like the taillights on mine better as well. Plus they removed things that came with my 21.

Reactions: 780

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Nope! I can't get the same options on a '24 as I currently have and I would have to pay more for less! Besides that, the new grilles are hideous! 2.5 years and 25K miles on mine and I plan on keeping it for a while!

Reactions: 780

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
No way.... 21 XLT 302A super cab with only 43,300 km. Paid for and no deleted options. Do not like the front end of the 24s for about $20k more than my 21. Besides, I just filled it up...lol

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
Only 9,000 miles on my mint '22 regular cab XLT that I bought used last fall, so no. I would've ordered a new '24 instead if they still offered an XLT regular cab. Or baja interior, or more than 2 way manual seats, or step tailgate, or all the other little trim items not included on the XL. I also really disliked the new all black grille on the '24 XL. But after seeing them posted here they have started to grow on me. Painting or chroming the outer ring really fixes the look.

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales

Yeah, I've been following the news much closer than just headlines. Legacy OEMs are trying unsuccessfully to brute force into EVs. Now that this admin has green-lit china's mexico EV facilities, we'll soon be having EVs dumped into the US market essentially taking over the budget vehicle market. $10k EVs are coming, and they're going to be everywhere. There will also be a vehicle in every price range.

EV adoption would be much higher if they were honest about them. Many EV owners here on the forum and now that they fully understand their strengths and weaknesses, many have owned more than one. I laughed at EVs for a while, granted Elon's bare-bones were the only competition for a while, but now there's many more options. There are very few people truly educated on EVs who wouldn't agree with them being an overwhelming better option for at least half of households and a very easy shoe-in for multi-vehicle households. Every single morning you go to your vehicle, there's 200 miles+ range that awaits. If you drive more than 200 miles a day, 1 I feel sorry for you, 2, there's EVs with more range available. Public charging infrastructure only enters the picture if you want to road trip, or can't charge at home/work.

They're faster, more maneuverable, have low CG, virtually no maintenance, and with most utilities offering cheap charging rates, they're almost free to run. I've got cheap gas here and for the price of 1 gallon my EV goes 200 miles. No oil changes, plugs, trans (and all related ICE nonsense to deal with). Doesn't need to warm up a combustion engine, just get in and go. They're nearly silent and no exhaust. You really start to get used to breathing clean air and when you come across a stink shitbox you have to turn on recirc. These are things that you get used to over time. Very few EVs owners that were educated going into them regret them. I do feel bad for those suckered into buying one with no home charging access -- right now that's a must.

Unlike some countries, we're still in the "gradually" phase. "Suddenly" is coming. There will still be room for gas vehicles -- ships and aircraft still need their fuels so gasoline will be cheap as demand weigns. Despite headlines, internal combustion vehicles reached their peak over 5 years ago in the US. Each year there will be less and less combustion vehicles sold until they're gone entirely. At the same time there's not even a vehicle hinted at that'd have me trade my powerboost for.
I'm one of those oddballs that agrees completely with both of you.

EV's shouldn't be forced/ government mandated/ or subsidized (neither should oil) AND EV's are gosh dang so awesome to drive and (not) maintain and I absolutely want one (or 2).
Sponsored