Are you trading your 21-23 for. 24+?

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
I’m curious how many guys are getting the refresh and what your reasoning is. Obviously for most financially it wouldn’t make sense but just overall if your getting a 24?
Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I’m curious how many guys are getting the refresh and what your reasoning is. Obviously for most financially it wouldn’t make sense but just overall if your getting a 24?
I have a pretty much problem free 21 Job 1 truck, I'm not rocking the boat or opening up a can of worms by trading for an unknown.

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
I like the look of the XLT black package and the digital cluster.

I absolutely do not like the increased MSRPs and the idea that I'm going have to spend a year getting all the kinks worked out again. Ford's working towards increased quality but in the era of post-COVID manufacturing nobody's making a quality product.

My '23 cost me 64K CAD back in 2022 down from an MSRP of 71.5K. I chatted with my local dealer the other day while doing fleet servicing and we priced out a '24 with the exact specification... it came out to 78K.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Nope. I have many things on my XLT that are deleted on the newer model, plus I own it.
This.

I absolutely do not like the increased MSRPs and the idea that I'm going have to spend a year getting all the kinks worked out again. Ford's working towards increased quality but in the era of post-COVID manufacturing nobody's making a quality product.

My '23 cost me 64K CAD back in 2022 down from an MSRP of 71.5K. I chatted with my local dealer the other day while doing fleet servicing and we priced out a '24 with the exact specification... it came out to 78K.
And this. MSRP on my truck in '22 was 66K CDN. Similar truck w/ less equipment (no sport pkg available on 157" wheelbase anymore) is 81K. No thank you.

That being said, even if MSRP was near the same, I still wouldn't trade in a 2 year old truck. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I won't be in the market again till 2028/2029.

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
This.

And this. MSRP on my truck in '22 was 66K CDN. Similar truck w/ less equipment (no sport pkg available on 157" wheelbase anymore) is 81K. No thank you.

That being said, even if MSRP was near the same, I still wouldn't trade in a 2 year old truck. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I won't be in the market again till 2028/2029.
The way the economy is going I won't be in the market until the early 2030s - this truck is going to get some miles put on it. Gotta pick up a gas truck before ICE vehicles get banned in 2035.

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I have a part of me that wants to put in an order for something new ONLY because I didnt order what I wanted in 22...the deletions scared me off. i tried to find dealer ordered trucks but they were either marked wayyyy up or wouldnt honor the X plan. so theres part of me that wants to "upgrade" and order what i want but at this point i dont think it'll make sense.
Also, I have been thinking about an expedition haha

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Nope, my ‘22 is paid for and will be used as a farm truck when it’s done being my daily. I’ll get a Super Duty down the line for when I need to start hauling heavier loads for my business

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Not a chance in hell I'll be giving up the 2022 described in my signature block any time soon.

The significant financial considerations aside, I don't see a single 'feature' in the '24 model year that would increase my truck's functionality or the tremendous enjoyment I get from it (well, maybe the HUD, but that's all).

To the contrary, I would hate to have to buy a new truck now. Ford's moves to increase their production efficiencies and profitability by reducing configuration and option choices make it impossible to build the carefully specified for my exact preferences "Dream Truck" I was lucky to order in 2022.

YMMV, congrats if you can build your dream truck in 2024.

Last edited:

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
My unhappiness with my 23 PB was the deciding factor for me. Financially it was a bad move, but I value peace of mind a little more so I'm ok with it. I was able to go up in trim level while keeping my payment and term length the same. I had to put some extra out of pocket, but overall I'm good with my decision. Good luck!

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
vintage motorcycle restoration
I looked at a 24 and hated the new grill. Dealers here in ATL still have a lot of 23's left w/10k+ discounts. Ford has 1.9% financing on the 23's so I didn't have to think too hard about it.
Sponsored