Sponsored

New issue - interior lights don't come on until I hit push button (when car is remote started)

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 eco boost / 2004 ford lightnin
Occupation
Ibew electrician
I currently on a 2021 Ford F150 lariat eco-boost, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue, my interior lights work fine when the truck is started normally. But, had this issue, my interior lights work fine when the truck is started normally. But when the truck is started through auto start, sometimes the interior lights do not come on until I hit the push button after being in the truck. This has been becoming more and more and when putting the kids in the truck, the truck remains dark is there a fix for this and it doesn’t happen all the time but it’s becoming more frequent. Any help is greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Steve
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
sounds like a low batt

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I agree with HammaMan sounds like a low battery. I would put it on a charger. I had a similar issue when walking up to the truck the courtesy lights and the interior lights would not come on. Once the battery got a little charge I could cut the truck off and try again and it would work. The battery was at about 49% per the charger.

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
Thank you, I will check this out, great point because after the truck has run for awhile, it’s seems to work after for awhile… thank you

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
The truck is running tho, when auto started so wouldn’t that be charging it while running when auto started?

Sponsored

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I currently on a 2021 Ford F150 lariat eco-boost, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue, my interior lights work fine when the truck is started normally. But, had this issue, my interior lights work fine when the truck is started normally. But when the truck is started through auto start, sometimes the interior lights do not come on until I hit the push button after being in the truck. This has been becoming more and more and when putting the kids in the truck, the truck remains dark is there a fix for this and it doesn’t happen all the time but it’s becoming more frequent. Any help is greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Steve
That's the way my 2021 Lariat works when I use my phone to start the truck on cold mornings. The interior lights come on after I push the start button.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
The truck is running tho, when auto started so wouldn’t that be charging it while running when auto started?
Yes, but if the battery is low it could still be causing your issue if it works sometimes and not others. These trucks go into a deep sleep mode to save power. I noticed mine when the courtesy lights didn't come and the interior didn't work. I started the truck serval times to test and got the same results, no lights. I let it run for a little and then tired and it worked fine. Then the follwing day I put a charger on it. You might want to watch the forum on the BMS and how much power these trucks draw just sitting. Ford BMS Battery Monitoring System: How it Works, How to Properly Charge, How to Power Accessories | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

Short on the deep sleep
Why does my Ford vehicle enter Deep Sleep mode?

Hope this helps.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Mine did that, did the BMS reset, worked.

Then finally just put a new battery in it.

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
BMS reset? May I ask how do I do that? Thanks

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
Mine did that, did the BMS reset, worked.

Then finally just put a new battery in it.
interesting, and how might I do a BMS reset? Thank you in advance

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

sswalters

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Happened to me too. For me, was low battery. Known issues from factory. Dealer wound up replacing and haven't had issues since. Even led to my audio panel backlighting to stop working.

MF150

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150XLT 3.5
Low battery. Cant charge by connecting to the terminal - You need to charge it PROPERLY by putting negative connection on near BMS sensor before the terminal (there are good videos on this).

I have had this issue, charged battery properly, and issue seems to have gone away for a bit. Except when a door was left ajar overnight in cold - battery was completely dead the next day. Recharged and working ok for a bit again but we are leary.

Several people say these trucks need an H8 size battery. I am still learning as to how to permanently fix this sensitive battery drain issue.

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
Just wanted to keep everyone updated and big thanks to all the replies, I tried the reset of BMS and so far it has worked. Thank you, next time it’s in the shop I will have them check the battery. Thanks again. Love this forum

Steve

Qutaiba

First Name
Qutaiba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 lariat 5.0
Thanks
Steve
had this issue before exact same thing plus the auto start stop dosnt work took it to dealership changed my battery which gave a good voltage and everything works now
Sponsored