Sponsored

Bed lights don't turn on but cargo light does

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I have an issue I discovered recently. When I push my bed lighting button in the back of the bed the bed mounted lights don't turn on but the high mounted cargo light does. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? The bed lights have worked in the past and it been quite a while since I have pushed the button.
Sponsored

Ditchpickle

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 2.7 Payload Package
Possible your battery is going out. Sane thing happened to mine when my battery was low.

OP
OP
heffer86

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Possible your battery is going out. Sane thing happened to mine when my battery was low.
I just started the truck and same results. You would think if the vehicle is running they would work.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
I’m having the same issue. Ford thinks it’s the bcm but who knows.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you have teh BCM update the config after didnt set thte new parameter.

Forscan is needed to fix it.

726-50-02
XXXX XXXX 04xx

Sponsored

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
If you have teh BCM update the config after didnt set thte new parameter.

Forscan is needed to fix it.

726-50-02
XXXX XXXX 04xx
You’re a life saver! I’ll have to check this at some point on the weekend because if this fixes my issues it will save me a headache from the dealership wanting to put in a new bcm in my truck to fix this issue!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
So make it
1107 5064 044F
I’ll have to try it this weekend. I’ll pulled the as built online for my truck. I’m having the same issue and the other guy. High mount light works box lights stop working. The switch work but the box lights won’t go on. If this fixes my issue I’m going to be really happy but also upset with the dealership because they had it for a day and a half digging into this and trying to figure out why my tailgate wouldn’t open

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’ll have to try it this weekend. I’ll pulled the as built online for my truck. I’m having the same issue and the other guy. High mount light works box lights stop working. The switch work but the box lights won’t go on. If this fixes my issue I’m going to be really happy but also upset with the dealership because they had it for a day and a half digging into this and trying to figure out why my tailgate wouldn’t open
Does your tailgate work now?

Sponsored

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Does your tailgate work now?
Yes they said there was a section of the wire corroded. Somewhere under the truck that runs from the driver side harness. I don’t know how true that is but I guess I gotta believe them. I just don’t understand how it got corroded already it’s a 2021 lariat

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes they said there was a section of the wire corroded. Somewhere under the truck that runs from the driver side harness. I don’t know how true that is but I guess I gotta believe them. I just don’t understand how it got corroded already it’s a 2021 lariat
Ok.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
I just pulled up forscan and check the codes it was 00 changed it to 04 and now my bed lights work. Thank you so much! Now I gotta call the dealership and tell them don’t waste my time n warranty money on a useless bcm

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just pulled up forscan and check the codes it was 00 changed it to 04 and now my bed lights work. Thank you so much! Now I gotta call the dealership and tell them don’t waste my time n warranty money on a useless bcm
They were going to replace a bcm over that? It wouldn’t have fixed it .. it’s an issue with the config on fords side.

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
They were going to replace a bcm over that? It wouldn’t have fixed it .. it’s an issue with the config on fords side.
Yup they ordered a bcm which was going to take 5 weeks to come in. But I don’t understand how it happen maybe a new power up update messed something up because it work fine before
Sponsored