Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey guys,
Is anyone having issues with their iPhone connecting to Apple car play? I’ve had an iPhone 10 since I bought the truck in 2021. I would occasionally have glitches here and there. I got an iPhone 14 this week and the phone will connect to the truck’s Bluetooth but having major connectivity issues when trying to use Apple car play. Not sure if it’s the phone or the recent ford OTA.
Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I have not. But have you tried the ol' 'turn it off and back on again' trick?

For the Sync - hold the power + right seek button until you see the screen reset and the Ford logo.

For the phone - press volume up then down, then press and hold the lock button until you see the Apple logo.

That should should force a hard reboot for both. If that doesn't work, maybe try removing the phone from Sync and re-adding.

Francis Bellows

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 xlt
I’m having the same issue after the last OTA updates unfortunately. Ford can’t get it right I guess haha

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
Hmm are you guys talking about the 3.5.4 update? My wife came home today and was pissed cause CarPlay wasn’t working. Blamed it on me because I was messing with the truck last night adding ambient lighting. We only got the update as the dealship is troubleshooting the compass not working on the instrument panel.

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not. But have you tried the ol' 'turn it off and back on again' trick?

For the Sync - hold the power + right seek button until you see the screen reset and the Ford logo.

For the phone - press volume up then down, then press and hold the lock button until you see the Apple logo.

That should should force a hard reboot for both. If that doesn't work, maybe try removing the phone from Sync and re-adding.
Thanks for the tip. I restarted the phone but didn’t restart sync. I’ll give that a shot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm are you guys talking about the 3.5.4 update? My wife came home today and was pissed cause CarPlay wasn’t working. Blamed it on me because I was messing with the truck last night adding ambient lighting. We only got the update as the dealship is troubleshooting the compass not working on the instrument panel.
Lol this made me laugh. Sounds like my wife. Yes it is the 3.5.4.. the timing was bad for me because I got this update the night before I got a new phone. Just curious what iPhone do you have? My iPhone 10 seemed ok but now that I have the 14 it’s pretty bad when trying to stay connected. I think it’s going to require a ford update.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
Lol this made me laugh. Sounds like my wife. Yes it is the 3.5.4.. the timing was bad for me because I got this update the night before I got a new phone. Just curious what iPhone do you have? My iPhone 10 seemed ok but now that I have the 14 it’s pretty bad when trying to stay connected. I think it’s going to require a ford update.
We both have iPhone 14 Pro Max. I didn’t notice when I drove it but she sure did. I will test it some more tomorrow with my phone and see what happens.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
This is coming from the android world, so I'm not sure. But it's my understanding that blue tooth is only used for calling and the phone needs to be connected to the trucks wifi to make use of maps and streaming and messages. Is it possible that the new iPhone needs to grant a security permission to connect to the trucks wifi?

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is coming from the android world, so I'm not sure. But it's my understanding that blue tooth is only used for calling and the phone needs to be connected to the trucks wifi to make use of maps and streaming and messages. Is it possible that the new iPhone needs to grant a security permission to connect to the trucks wifi?
It’s a possibility. I recall doing something like this on my old phone but wasn’t prompted to do so on the new iPhone. There is an option to enable/disable car play on the iPhone and that is set to enable. I’m thinking it’s due to the recent ford OTA update.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I had to tell CarPlay to start before it would load. It’s odd because I know it loaded after the dealership did the update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After 2 days of messing around with my Apple car play issue I currently have it working. Below are the random steps I did to get it to work.
-Delete phone from truck.
-Add phone back to truck
-Plug phone in with usb for a couple minutes (not sure this actually did anything)
-unplugged phone from usb
- held volume down and the seek right directional buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds (restarted sync)
- once sync boots back up I restarted my iPhone. Once my iPhone started back up there was a box that popped up and said finish setting up Apple car play. This let me fully enable car play.

it’s currently working for me but I haven’t actually driven anywhere since I got it working.
Good luck!

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had to tell CarPlay to start before it would load. It’s odd because I know it loaded after the dealership did the update.
I received this update this morning and it appears to have corrected the issue.

Ford F-150 Apple Car Play Connection Issues 56484A1D-B8A5-4F5C-AD1F-8BBD273B51AA

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
Just for the record, I had similar issues and followed the list superstitiously and got everything to work.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
I get tired of my phone changing the audio source when looking at my phone like the ESPN app where it plays a video.
Sponsored