Radio Stops Playing - Apple Car Play Disconnecting

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 eco Space White
I'm having an issue with my head unit where my radio stops playing randomly, sometimes multiple times in a 15-20 mile trip. I suspect it is due to Apple Car Play disconnecting and reconnecting, but I haven't been able to prove that yet. I saw a similar thread on Android Auto, but I didn't see anyone talk about the radio cutting itself off and forcing them to make an input selection to listen to the radio again. Can anyone else confirm this is something they are dealing with?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm having an issue with my head unit where my radio stops playing randomly, sometimes multiple times in a 15-20 mile trip. I suspect it is due to Apple Car Play disconnecting and reconnecting, but I haven't been able to prove that yet. I saw a similar thread on Android Auto, but I didn't see anyone talk about the radio cutting itself off and forcing them to make an input selection to listen to the radio again. Can anyone else confirm this is something they are dealing with?
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this radio and carplay concern. Thank you!

ArmySooner405

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Mine does it randomly too and happens in one area of my drive every time I pass it. Sometimes it reconnects quickly, sometimes it doesn’t reconnect.
Sponsored