Sponsored

Anyone drive their 5.0 consistently in Sport mode?

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I only change to Sport mode when there's a punk with loud mufflers stand next to me in a traffic light.
I have found out that the more I drive locally in Sport Mode,the shift patterns seems to adjust to my driving habits and not holding in a lower gear as long. I lik to catch those punks at redlights too!

Reactions: sbi

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
You guys dont drag me too hard for what i'm about to say, but i miss the 2000's - 2015 era for exhaust. And what i mean by that is this was a time before production exhaust catback kits were made. When you got a truck you went and got the "pipes" put on, True dual usually, glasspack etc..

I'd like the shift points to be higher, seems like the 10r80 is shifting allllll the time. I want it to hold the note longer before shifting, but I have a light foot.

Seems like in the tune tables, if you really get on it then it will drag out the gears before shifting, but if you have a light foot around town it shifts nonstop. Trying to see now if sport or tow/haul changes the shift points any.

Sponsored

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
I have found out that the more I drive locally in Sport Mode,the shift patterns seems to adjust to my driving habits and not holding in a lower gear as long. I lik to catch those punks at redlights too!
I was wondering about this. My truck only has 1300km on it so it hangs forever before shifting in sport mode.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Decided to spend the majority of my 3rd tank of gas in Sport mode (figured some higher rpms would be good for breaking in the engine and was curious how mpg would differ with what will likely be mostly city driving/short commutes).

So far, what I notice after one day of city driving - rpms are consistently at 2000-2500 cruising around and it is VERY difficult to not crush the local speed limits! Like, my shin muscle is burning from keeping such a light throttle to keep it even within 10kmh of the local speed limits, lol!

Reminds me of the sport mode (or whatever it was called) on my 02 M3 back in the day: super responsive throttle. Honestly, very impressed to have this kind of response (not to mention steering and handling) in such a large vehicle.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Decided to spend the majority of my 3rd tank of gas in Sport mode (figured some higher rpms would be good for breaking in the engine and was curious how mpg would differ with what will likely be mostly city driving/short commutes).

So far, what I notice after one day of city driving - rpms are consistently at 2000-2500 cruising around and it is VERY difficult to not crush the local speed limits! Like, my shin muscle is burning from keeping such a light throttle to keep it even within 10kmh of the local speed limits, lol!

Reminds me of the sport mode (or whatever it was called) on my 02 M3 back in the day: super responsive throttle. Honestly, very impressed to have this kind of response (not to mention steering and handling) in such a large vehicle.
yes Sport mode ROCKS

PTrahan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Reminds me of the sport mode (or whatever it was called) on my 02 M3 back in the day: super responsive throttle.
We have a 2013 M3 (v8). It’s the “M” button on the steering wheel.

Sponsored

udelaware30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW 2.7 4x4
We have a 2013 M3 (v8). It’s the “M” button on the steering wheel.
2001 M5 here with “Sport” button and it predates the “M” button just like the 2002 M3 above. Funny to hold constant pedal and switch to that mode, throttles immediately open ~10% more. Throttle response with 8 individual throttle bodies is incredible, as you are aware with your S65!

Oilberta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A 5.0 Sport Max Tow 6.5
My current 2016 550i and all newer ones have more selectors, sport+, Sport, comfort, comfort + and Eco pro. The + modes change everything quite a bit, engine tuning, over boost on launch, steering feel(electric so all crappy), even changes the suspension quite a bit. While the 5.0 in sport is damn fun for a heavy truck, there’s just some throttle mapping and transmission shift points changed, so I don’t use it everyday unless I’m getting angry at other road users 😅. I’m also not worried about the cylinder deactivation as I can’t really notice it and I’m likely going to sell the truck before it gets high mileage.
Sponsored