First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Musician
Melted the plastic piece yes but happened while I was waiting on the Tremor non-air deflector pieces so it was fine.

Took the side steps off before installing. The plan, if I was going to keep the side steps, was to nip the rear passenger side short enough then put the end cap back on.
Glad I caught this thread - as I have the sport pre-tire sitting in my cart to purchase for the 2022 Lariat I just picked up.

So factory length side steps won't work with the pre-tire, and the plastic deflector will also suffer some melting without modification??

I might just go with dual rear exit in that case. I had a borla factory exit on my last truck with the black tips, and could never keep it clean with all the debris being kicked up on it...
Sponsored

OP
OP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
^^^^ correct
The factory shark fin air deflectors at the rear tire DO get melted, but there's an easy and cheap fix for that, plus looks better IMO.

As for the side step, yes you can expect to have to take the rear cap off, cut them a couple inches or so then put the cap back on.

Ford F-150 5.0 with Corsa Sport Catback Exhaust installed - sound clip videos 20220827_113032

Ford F-150 5.0 with Corsa Sport Catback Exhaust installed - sound clip videos 20220829_095713

chopin_guy88

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Musician
^^^^ correct
The factory shark fin air deflectors at the rear tire DO get melted, but there's an easy and cheap fix for that, plus looks better IMO.

As for the side step, yes you can expect to have to take the rear cap off, cut them a couple inches or so then put the cap back on.
Appreciate the info so much - thank you! The air deflectors are an easy fix (I like those tight peices you installed), but I don't want to mess with side steps as I actually plan on putting tremor or power steps on my truck. In the case of the tremor steps - those couldn't be cut.

Guess it was meant to be I saw this before pulling the trigger. I'll probably go with the dual rear in that case. Thanks again.

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
Glad I caught this thread - as I have the sport pre-tire sitting in my cart to purchase for the 2022 Lariat I just picked up.

So factory length side steps won't work with the pre-tire, and the plastic deflector will also suffer some melting without modification??

I might just go with dual rear exit in that case. I had a borla factory exit on my last truck with the black tips, and could never keep it clean with all the debris being kicked up on it...
Factory side steps work with the Corsa side exit pre tire.
Ford F-150 5.0 with Corsa Sport Catback Exhaust installed - sound clip videos IMG_2936

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Is it possibly only the extended side steps that it will not work with?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
My regular steps were far too close. No adjustment left in installing the exhaust. I pulled them off regardless since my truck is lowered, they looked odd.

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
Is it possibly only the extended side steps that it will not work with?
The Corsa website explains precisely which steps will not work with their side exit before the tire exhaust.

chopin_guy88

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Musician
Factory side steps work with the Corsa side exit pre tire.
Appreciate that - I already ordered my factory exit in the black tips - actually sitting at home waiting to get it installed. Hopefully next week...
Sponsored