Sponsored

Another windshield tinting question....

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I've searched and read many posts regarding window tinting, but haven't found anything specific on windshield tinting. Looking at putting a 70% ceramic tint on the windshield of my 2022 F150 Lariat 501A. Will this impact any of the sensors (rain sensing, temperature, etc.)? Will it impact the defroster for the windshield?

Thanks
Sponsored

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
No issues with the rain, light, or temperature sensors on my XLT 302a after installing a very light tint on my truck’s windshield. My installer went around those sensors as they’re under the plastic piece above the rear view mirror.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Windshield tinting looks cool but if you do much driving after dark I’m not sure how cool it’s going to feel

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
70% is hardly noticeable as far as the tint goes.

It's primarily for blocking the heat... which it does REALLY well if you get a quality product.

OP
OP

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
70% is hardly noticeable as far as the tint goes.

It's primarily for blocking the heat... which it does REALLY well if you get a quality product.
That’s exactly what I am going for. It gets toasty here in Houston during the summer, and my truck is parked outside during the day with zero shade. I want to minimize the use of a sunshade as it damn near ruined my headliner and sunshades on my last truck.

Sponsored

Blake55

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Did 40% on my windshield. Ceramic tint. No issues with sensors. Driving at night looks almost exactly the same, maybe a bit darker. 2022 F150 platinum.

rayray3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Also did the same for windshield. 70% ceramic with 25% ceramic on front side windows. Its just enough tint to bring the brightness down a hair on the windshield with less heat and no night driving issues. I think the 12” screen may take a little longer to switch from night to day mode In the mornings.
I personally wouldn’t go darker on the windshield and will do the same on my future vehicles.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That’s exactly what I am going for. It gets toasty here in Houston during the summer, and my truck is parked outside during the day with zero shade. I want to minimize the use of a sunshade as it damn near ruined my headliner and sunshades on my last truck.
I'm in Houston too and having a sunshade for the windshield is a pretty much a requirement. Without one this is pretty much how you have to drive from April to November...

Ford F-150 Another windshield tinting question.... {filename}

Not sure what brand you have used but in 3 decades of car ownership and using a variety of different sunshades I have never had one tear up the visors or headliner.
Sponsored