Sponsored

Another Coolwalk thread..I know... How can I PUSH the update on my SYNC?

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
So, it looks as though I have the new coolwalk update for android auto. I like it. However, How can I PUSH the update on my SYNC? I've looked through the screens, set update times, all kinds of good stuff; but to no avail. Any ideas?
Ford F-150 Another Coolwalk thread..I know... How can I PUSH the update on my SYNC? 20230201_090539
Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
If you figure it out let us know. There's A TON of info in existing threads with "OTA" or PowerUp 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 in the title. You may want to start by requesting a VIN check in that thread to see if an update has even been sent to you by the Ford mothership. You cannot trigger or "push" OTA updates like you can with a cell phone.

OP
OP
FunHavin

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I'll go read through some of those. I was reading a lot of it, but for the coolwalk update. I thought my truck had already done it, but clearly, I was mistaken.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just got my CoolWalk activated today, too. Looks like they are pushing it out to users in waves.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
You don't push cool walk to sync.

Coolwak is a Google server side change that they apply whenever they feel like it.

The Sync OTA 3.5.3 is a Ford pushed OTA that allows for full screen android auto regardless if you have coolwalk or not.

As others have said there is a plethora of info in the OTA sub about these since it's been a hot topic lately. Consider yourself lucky. 3.5.3 is more prominent than cool walk right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FunHavin

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Well, the good news is my new truck is ALMOST here. So, in the grand calculus of the multiverse, it's all a moot point. I did find some info on it, but I'm not gonna put too much stock into as I'm almost to the promised land.
Ford F-150 Another Coolwalk thread..I know... How can I PUSH the update on my SYNC? Screenshot_20230203_091640_Chrome

my other take away is that I should probably do a bit more research instead of hoping to be spoon-fed. This forum is full of info. I just gotta find it. ;)

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
If your truck hasn't been built yet who's truck is it in your original post?

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
If your truck hasn't been built yet who's truck is it in your original post?
That's what I was wondering!! Guys are asking about updating trucks not even built yet now :ROFLMAO:

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I need to know how this guy is updating a truck he still doesn’t have. I’ve been coming back to this all night waiting for an answer

OP
OP
FunHavin

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I need to know how this guy is updating a truck he still doesn’t have. I’ve been coming back to this all night waiting for an answer
lol. aight so BOOM. I currently have a 21. I ordered a 23. It's a long story, but I have shortened it on page 30 of the intros.
Sponsored