First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I never saw mention of this for the nav screen to make the tiles go away on the side , nor the little button you press 2x to turn off the screen.
the X in the nav screen lower corner if touched will widen the screen full size and remove the tiles, press again they come back
the square with line in it...yup 2x and the screen goes dark. why is this not easy to find in our books? i was waiting on the haircut and had 10 minutes to kill sitting in truck so i started pressing buttons

Ford F-150 i know i read my owners manual about 5 times...plus the online extended version new finds (1)_LI

Ford F-150 i know i read my owners manual about 5 times...plus the online extended version new finds (2)_LI

Ford F-150 i know i read my owners manual about 5 times...plus the online extended version new finds (3)_LI
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I admit, it's not easy to find. They need a page with all the buttons in the truck with numbers that point to an index of what they do. Electronics have done this for forever.

The button to turn the screen off is under "Audio System" and then "Switching the Display on and off"
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=8665&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=usa

I could not find any mention of how to use Sync online. Even in the manual there manual. it's severly lacking.

*Note: not trying to say you are wrong on the first one. It was NOT easy to find at all! The manual is a disgrace and offers very little help, IMHO.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
i agree, i used to teach navy and army people we broke down very technical things almost to a barney point along with mnemonics. in fact my trig professor in college had some great ones i wish my high school teacher had used, it would have made high school math EASIER
the X really caught me off guard as we all have been looking for a way to move those tiles off the right side, at least we can on the nav screen, which should have been on page one of the nav system directions.
only having this truck almost 2 months, i am still finding things that i never remember reading in the book or the digital O M on the screen or at ford . then sometimes the way they write things leaves you scratching your head at what exactly your supposed to do or what the switch or device function does. like the switch to turn off interior lights in the overhead, WHY doe it not kill all the lights on the door switches and dash?

and why is the climate stuff not on the big screen like it is on sync 3??

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
and why is the climate stuff not on the big screen like it is on sync 3??
I actually don't mind that it's not in Sync anymore. Of course I hated in Sync3 that to get to some of the climate I had to leave AA. Now in Sync4 that is not an issue anymore, so I guess if it was back in Sync I wouldn't care with the new truck.

I find it's actually worse in my wife's Explorer. There is no way in Sync 3 to get to the climate controls from inside sync itself, but there is a "menu" button on the A/C controls which opens the climate controls on Sync and has features you can only get to by going through that method. It's horrible and because of it, my wife doesn't use some features or doesn't get why it's so hard to turn off "dual" (which requires you to go into that menu screen in sync to do).

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
Huh.. very cool.. thanks for pointing this out. I don't use the Ford Nav so I never noticed it.. It's probably too much to ask for Waze or Google Maps to do this.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
@Cincy150 That would be a limitation of Sync, not Waze or Google Maps. Many of us would wish that Ford would allow any "pane" on the left to fill the whole screen. (or at least hide those smaller panels on the right)

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
speaking of odd things for apps
XM radio, sirius and pandora are all owned by same company
so why is pandora app one day on the app screen and the next it is not?
why is it not listed in the apps under mobile or downloaded or set?
i can log in to pandora before turning on the truck and then start/turn on the truck and the app is there with my presets etc
but if i start truck or turn it on, 1st then the app is gone and i have to play pandora in the "source" menu on the radio through the phone , which hides presets
then other times i get the FORD pandora black screen and it logs in and all is right .
this happens in my edge sync3 and the 22 sync 4 and did same on the 21 250
and....why is pandora not listed on the ford owner page where it lists apps that are used sith sync 3 and 4?

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
I've had the truck 2 weeks and just brought everything inside the house from the glove box, and as far as I can tell, there is no traditional "manual," just a couple of quick start guides. I.e. the online version in the Sync system doesn't exist offline (at least in my '22). Is that right?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I've had the truck 2 weeks and just brought everything inside the house from the glove box, and as far as I can tell, there is no traditional "manual," just a couple of quick start guides. I.e. the online version in the Sync system doesn't exist offline (at least in my '22). Is that right?
Owners manual PDFs are available as download from owner.ford.com

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/f150/2022/owner-manuals/

There's also a html version here: https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...=EN&countryCode=USA&VIN=&userMarket=usa&div=f
Sponsored