Sponsored

Almost a month, waiting for shipment.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I know some of you had to wait a LONG time for your trucks but that seemed to be more of a parts thing, relative to your custom builds.

Per Ford, mine was built as of 5/8. The tracking page, last time it worked, said that prep for shipping, would take a about a week. Thats the last I've heard from Ford. No confirmation that it has even started shipment.

Called Granger a week or so ago and they said it will be shipped by rail from Dearborn to KC, then trucked to DesMoines. ETA (to them from Ford I guess) was to be 5/30-6/5 and they'd need it about a week.

I'd read where some have gotten details down to the rail car numbers and their routes and locations but didn't see how that was done.

Just curious about that. If there is a decent way to locate it.

We have a couple shortish trips planned in the near future and was hoping to have the new truck for them and also need to fit the trip to DesMoines in the schedule.
Sponsored

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Mine went the same route- Dearborn to Voltz rail yard in KC- then to Granger.

If you haven’t already, it’s probably been long enough that if you message Ford chat they can give you rail car info. Mine went Norfolk Southern, and it took about 4-5 days to get to KC once it shipped. From there, I had no visibility- but it took about a week from KC to Granger.

It might take once or twice in the Ford chat (just go back every morning- or whatever)- but someone will eventually be able to give you that rail car info. Granger probably can too- but I hated to bother them too much.

Once you have that- if you still need help tracking- just let everyone here know and we can give you the steps- though they are on a thread here on the site for ordering somewhere!

Good luck- you’ll have your truck soon- and they are awesome pieces of machinery!

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I know some of you had to wait a LONG time for your trucks but that seemed to be more of a parts thing, relative to your custom builds.
HA! This was a common site in front of Ford dealerships in 2022 as people were waiting for their orders to come in.

Ford F-150 Almost a month, waiting for shipment. Order Wait.PNG

And this poor guy just wanted to trade in a mini van. A mini van. Oh the indignity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I think I got a clue that at least my truck is on the move, though I'm not exactly sure where. Probably in, or has been, somewhere in southern KS.

Tried to use the tracking page. It says the vehicle has been delivered and I should check "Owner Properties"?

Signed into Ford Pass, on the outside chance I could pin down it's location.

Hit maps. It asks if I'm going somewhere. The choices are Dealers, Charging, or Collision Repair. Hit Dealers and it refers me to a place in Independence KS. Which seems a bit odd, since according to the interwebs, the Volt Rail Yard is in NE KC, a pretty good ride from Independence, as one would think there'd be plenty of Ford dealers in KC proper. Maybe its going to DesMoines, via Tulsa? 🤷‍♂️

Still no Official word from Ford or Granger.

If I don't get an email tomorrow morn. I'll call ... Somebody.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you tried this site. I assume yes as you said the tracking page but I give this link too incase you are using a different site. I found this site to be pretty accurate.

Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Home

With that said it was accurate when one of the major steps was taken. My "Shipped" took 3 months to get to the dealership. I went to Granger too and they will not email you if they do not have any definitive information for you. Definitive being they received it and you can schedule a pick up.

People have done rail searches on this site, and there are posts that tell you where and how to do it, but really that is just if you have extra time on your hand as it will have no impact on the delivery.

IMHO the best thing to do is not watch the pot boil as it will only feel like it is taking forever. Good luck with the delivery and the truck when you get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep, thats the same page I've been using.

I find it only works occasionally. Once per week ish ?

I thought I'd figured that out, by clearing caches but it must have been coincidence, because it hasn't worked again since. and now says the truck has been delivered, which it obviously has not, at least not to me.

As for time on my hands and frustration levels?

Meh. They know where every truck is, or where its supposed to be anyway. Rail and trucking logistics, is a thing. I didn't expect it in a week but they are the ones who said shipping prep should take a week, a month ago.

And knowing it was to go to KC and now, via Ford Pass, giving indication that it may be somewhere in KS, is an interesting data point.

But in a way, you're right. I'm not in any sort of need, or a hurry, just ordinary curiosity and the fact that I'd like to know about when I can fit the trip to DesMoines, into our schedule.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I got "lucky"... with shipping anyway!

After EIGHT MONTHS and NINE "rescheduled build dates"... my truck was built in Kansas City on November 9th, shipped on the 17th and sitting at the dealership in Healdsburg, CA "two-weeks" later.

Ford F-150 Almost a month, waiting for shipment. Two weeks. Two weeks

Last edited:

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Davexxxx I completely understand the frustration with this process. been there done that. My original order was on 5/11/2022, build canceled by ford on 9/30 re-order on 10/4, build completed on 11/23, I had 9 different ETA's on shipping from DB to KC to Granger. actually shipped on 1/13. I picked it up from Granger on 2/24/2023.

hang in there. it's worth the wait.

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got off the horn with Granger.

They received the truck on June 1 but are backed up on deliveries and working through them on a first come, first served, basis, which I'm fine with.

They said the hand off may be able to take place late next week.

All of that is fine. Wish it was sooner but oh well. Still nothing from Ford, saying it was shipped. That, sorta isn't fine.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got off the horn with Granger.

They received the truck on June 1 but are backed up on deliveries and working through them on a first come, first served, basis, which I'm fine with.

They said the hand off may be able to take place late next week.

All of that is fine. Wish it was sooner but oh well. Still nothing from Ford, saying it was shipped. That, sorta isn't fine.
That is good news. There are months Granger handles 70+ trucks a month, and that is just the F-150 let alone any other vehicles.

I wont be long now.

Also you should enter your truck details into your signature. This will help you if you continue to post in the forum. People will be able to see what your ride is, and they may be able to offer better advice should you request it. Good luck with the drive home.

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Also you should enter your truck details into your signature. "

I will, once it gets here.
Sponsored