Sponsored

Almost 6-Month after joining Forum...finally pulled the trigger!

Andyc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Shelby Raptor. 05 AEV Jeep TJ4.6 SC. 21 Lariat
Occupation
Business owner
Well, that certainly took long enough.

EPSON001.JPG
Congratulations. See you got a priority code 80, some I see are 19. What lead time did they give you. Hopefully less than your time on forum.

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Congratulations. See you got a priority code 80, some I see are 19. What lead time did they give you. Hopefully less than your time on forum.
They told me 8 weeks, maybe 12. When we first started talking, the dealer quote 3-6 months. I certainly wasn't looking forward to that wait. The priority code thing is confusing and I am going to ask my dealer. A 19 is a retail order and an 80 is a stock order. It is my understanding that retail orders are built first, right? So, this could be a problem...

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
They told me 8 weeks, maybe 12. When we first started talking, the dealer quote 3-6 months. I certainly wasn't looking forward to that wait. The priority code thing is confusing and I am going to ask my dealer. A 19 is a retail order and an 80 is a stock order. It is my understanding that retail orders are built first, right? So, this could be a problem...
19 is a very low priority retail order. I would suggest you contact your dealer and get it changed to a 10. For some reason 19 must be the default that the dealer gets but they can change it no problem.

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
19 is a very low priority retail order. I would suggest you contact your dealer and get it changed to a 10. For some reason 19 must be the default that the dealer gets but they can change it no problem.
I wasn’t aware how this prioritizing was done. I wonder if it has to do with being an X-Plan purchase? You Thank you for that information - I’ll speak with my dealer!

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I wasn’t aware how this prioritizing was done. I wonder if it has to do with being an X-Plan purchase? You Thank you for that information - I’ll speak with my dealer!
Nothing to do with an X-Plan. For a retail order, I believe 10 is best and 19 is low.

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Nothing to do with an X-Plan. For a retail order, I believe 10 is best and 19 is low.
My PC was a 2....how does this fit in?

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
My PC was a 2....how does this fit in?
I don’t know but it’s is good. I do know for “most “ retail orders that 10 is the best and 19 is a wait. I’ve heard of 1 and 2 but not sure how a dealer gets it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Messaged with the dealer on a few items (leveling, tires, FX4 sticker delete, ect) and asked about the Priority Code. I knew 80 was a Stock Order code and they said it has been changed to Retail now that the order is placed. She had to get with the Manager who is responsible for ordering to get me the new Priority Code. Have not heard back. I did mention that the scale is 10-19 with 10 being the most urgent (fastest built) and 19 being the slowest.

Based on what the dealer rep said, it get the impression they used the Stock code 80 to lock in my incentives and then switched it to Retail on the back end. According to dealer (in writing) my PCO is locked in, no matter when my truck arrives. That may be how they did it.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
So 10 is a good priority code? That is what my dealer put mine in as. Wasn't sure the difference but he said that it would come in faster this way.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
My dealer won't change from a 19, they claim that's were they set retail orders. They think once there's a VIN they can do something? I tried twice and they aren't going to move it....m