Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for the info Jesse, looks like there’s only one way to find out 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah.. I took a rear cam IPMA apart and it had all the chips.. even the ones missing for APA> So I would lean towards yes. Always a chance though. Send me your vin and I can see which IPMA you have. If its the same one I have here
Sponsored

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
Yeah.. I took a rear cam IPMA apart and it had all the chips.. even the ones missing for APA> So I would lean towards yes. Always a chance though. Send me your vin and I can see which IPMA you have. If its the same one I have here
I sent you my vin in a pm

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does anyone know if I would be able to add the pins to a non-360 camera IPMA? My 302a xlt doesn’t have 360 cams and I got a steal of a deal on a painted front bumper with the front sensor holes. I just want to see if I can add them with my stock IPMA
I added the CCM and front parking sensors to my 2021 xlt without the 360 camera option. Works great. I’d say, send it!!

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
I added the CCM and front parking sensors to my 2021 xlt without the 360 camera option. Works great. I’d say, send it!!
Awesome! Thank you! What all did you do to get them to function aside from the froscan changes?

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Awesome! Thank you! What all did you do to get them to function aside from the froscan changes?
Followed the posted changes from this thread and it went smooth. Been running great since I think last January.
Take your time and make sure you compare your current as built in the spreadsheet to the change you’re trying to add so you don’t over add or remove something accidentally.
My biggest regret was the cheap ass individual colored wire I bought from amazon. The jacket was so thick I could barely get the wires/pins into the connector.

Sponsored

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
Followed the posted changes from this thread and it went smooth. Been running great since I think last January.
Take your time and make sure you compare your current as built in the spreadsheet to the change you’re trying to add so you don’t over add or remove something accidentally.
My biggest regret was the cheap ass individual colored wire I bought from amazon. The jacket was so thick I could barely get the wires/pins into the connector.
Do you know which wire that was so I don’t buy it lol

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
If you’re buying the ford repair pins with pigtail you’ll be okay. I bought bare pins from mouser to crimp on myself.
IMG_3905.png
Ok I’ll avoid those lol
When you ran the wiring, was it just to the IPMA from the engine harness? Or did you have to go from the harness at the bumper all the way to the IPMA?

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok I’ll avoid those lol
When you ran the wiring, was it just to the IPMA from the engine harness? Or did you have to go from the harness at the bumper all the way to the IPMA?
I ran them all the way to the bumper harness and splice them into the vehicle side of that connection. From what I remember, I could’ve run the wires to the brown connect just inside the engine bay fire wall on the drivers side or it may have been the connector up above the bcm. One of those was the ccm and the other was the parking sensors. Another guy doing the same project I was texting with said he removed the hvac fan to get up to the connector above the bcm. I don’t have a heated garage or shop so I just wanted to get it down since I was freezing my ass off.
I pulled this loom back and spliced it in here.
Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A IMG_2189

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
I ran them all the way to the bumper harness and splice them into the vehicle side of that connection. From what I remember, I could’ve run the wires to the brown connect just inside the engine bay fire wall on the drivers side or it may have been the connector up above the bcm. One of those was the ccm and the other was the parking sensors. Another guy doing the same project I was texting with said he removed the hvac fan to get up to the connector above the bcm. I don’t have a heated garage or shop so I just wanted to get it down since I was freezing my ass off.
I pulled this loom back and spliced it in here.
IMG_2189.jpeg
Ok, just so I’m understanding you correctly, you pinned into the bumper connector ran them from the bumper harness to the IPMA?

Sponsored

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok, just so I’m understanding you correctly, you pinned into the bumper connector ran them from the bumper harness to the IPMA?
Nah, I actually cut the needed wires from that harness in the picture and spliced onto them.

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you have a pin out of that connector?
This will only work if you’ve replaced your bumper harness to the correct model with the parking sensor connectors.
ignore the yellow highlight. That was for my adaptive cruise module (CCM) addition.
Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A image
Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A image

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
This will only work if you’ve replaced your bumper harness to the correct model with the parking sensor connectors.
ignore the yellow highlight. That was for my adaptive cruise module (CCM) addition.
image.jpg
image.jpg
That’ll be my next purchase is the harness, and I like that you highlighted for the ccm, that’s on the list too 😉 so thanks for that as well

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That’ll be my next purchase is the harness, and I like that you highlighted for the ccm, that’s on the list too 😉 so thanks for that as well
One rabbit hole after another. Every time I get on this forum it cost me money. Haha
Also confirmed while looking for that page, the CCM can be pinned to the connector above the bcm and the parking aids to the brown connector in the driver side engine bay
Sponsored