Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

BascoNate22

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 XLT 3.5EB 302A
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
TSR must come from the cameras then. I currently have tsr functioning and I do not have nav. I am having some issues getting the acc to function and was wondering whether or not the fact that I do not have nav may be causing the issues. Thanks for everyones input.
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
ACC and TSR should work without nav, but after doing some quick looking, you can't build and price a 22 right now with Assist 2.0 and less navigation. That being said, it also made you get trailer backup assist or 360 cameras to get Assist 2.0 in a 21, and we pretty much proved that wrong and you don't need them to get ACC working on those trucks. So I wouldn't say right now you absolutely don't need it but need to do some more testing to find out.

TSR in my experience comes mainly from the IPMA camera as right after I pass a sign it updates the speed in my IPC and adjusts accordingly. I do have connected nav that I purchased during some trial and error when I was first getting my system figured out and working. At times my speed will adjust out or nowhere it seems without passing a speed sign and I figured that is the connected nav side changing speed for some reason. Which is rather annoying IMO as it will usually slow me down out of the blue 5 to 15 MPH, then sometimes will ramp me back up to where I was before shortly after.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
There is some 'discussion' between the two (nav and speed recognition).
Sometimes I make a turn and the IPC will suddenly display the speed of the road not seeing a sign (happens on pre-mapped I believe). There's a state highway here under construction and the truck will suddenly jump to 55mph even though it's clearly marked with regular speed limit signs as 45mph. If you enter this road in the middle of the construction it's 55mph displayed until it reads a 45mph sign.

At the same time on another similar state highway it 'knows the speed limit on' it will randomly read the 45mph school zone sign and hit the brakes at night. That's rare but it's happened more than once.

My guess is that not having nav will be the better arrangement because it will need your input for a speed if not defaulting to the last road's speed. The truck will also 'wipe out' the known speed limit after turning onto a new road it doesn't know anything about.

I only pay attention to IPCs speed sign, not the one in nav. I don't even use factory nav as google maps uses other driver's phones as a traffic/congestion aid, is more accurate as its 'live'.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Update on adding everything to a new 2022 rig. Got everything installed and working like it should, but no IACC still so working through that. TSR works just fine though and shows in the IPC, which was never working on this truck before as it wasn't really turned on and this truck doesn't have nav either like we've been discussing. It sees the speed signs and updates the sign in the IPC just like it should driving around. Strangely enough it acting exactly like my truck was with IACC when I was trying to get things figured out, it would work for about 90 seconds after keying on then error out almost to the second.

Another issue we're facing though is possibly the second hand, earlier build MY21 CCM my buddy picked up for it. I could never get it to calibrate successfully in his truck, had to set it all up, PMI, calibrate it in my truck (where it worked just fine like it should the short time we tested it) then move it over to this, PMI/change the VIN then it would work just fine. Everything worked fine and awesome for him on his way home, but half way on an hour drive it threw a pre-collision not available warning and then nothing worked and hasn't since. So my big question is I wonder if the older CCM software isn't jiving with all the newer 22 software on his truck right now??

@Jesse-Infotainment is there a way to update the CCM in question even though this 22 truck hasn't been networked scanned and/or reported back to FDRS that is has a CCM yet? Or would there be a better way to snag the newer software for just the CCM and try to update it somehow? I think it time to finally break the seal on my Mongoose box and give it a go for this plus try to get my own truck all updated.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
As far as I have seen all the 22 run AL same as the 21. I haven’t seen any difference in the ccm software.

Could be an issue with the ipma software though. Will need to see what ipma software he has.

If you could send me the vin I’ll take a look and see what he has. Compare it to the 21 and 22 early builds.

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
As far as I have seen all the 22 run AL same as the 21. I haven’t seen any difference in the ccm software.

Could be an issue with the ipma software though. Will need to see what ipma software he has.

If you could send me the vin I’ll take a look and see what he has. Compare it to the 21 and 22 early builds.
Good to know, thanks for the clarification, but I thought I've seen some guys with CCM module updates listed for their VINs, are they more superficial updates and don't really change much when it comes to function then!

1FTFW1E81NFB58316 is the VIN we are working on, I would image it should be fairly current as it just got delivered a few weeks ago. I need to do some more comparing as well between it and a similarly spec'd 22 with factory ACC.

IPMA - Image Processing Module A
Part number: ML3T-14G647-CBA
Calibration level: ML3T-14G647-CBA
Strategy : ML3T-14H102-ABT
Calibration: ML3T-14H103-AAJ

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Good to know, thanks for the clarification, but I thought I've seen some guys with CCM module updates listed for their VINs, are they more superficial updates and don't really change much when it comes to function then!

1FTFW1E81NFB58316 is the VIN we are working on, I would image it should be fairly current as it just got delivered a few weeks ago. I need to do some more comparing as well between it and a similarly spec'd 22 with factory ACC.

IPMA - Image Processing Module A
Part number: ML3T-14G647-CBA
Calibration level: ML3T-14G647-CBA
Strategy : ML3T-14H102-ABT
Calibration: ML3T-14H103-AAJ
As long as the ccm software ends in AL it is the current version. That was the update released for blue cruise.

I’ll look at the software to ackages on the truck and see if anything looks off.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
As long as the ccm software ends in AL it is the current version. That was the update released for blue cruise.

I’ll look at the software to ackages on the truck and see if anything looks off.
Ahh! I gotcha now, that make more sense. I didn't happen to catch the software on the CCM we put on but will check it for sure then go from there. I'll compare what my truck has as well since it was brand new this spring but hard to say what software it has on it for certain.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru

Yes I think that might be the issue, the current CCM software on the module in the truck is a -AK and the IPMA in it looks to updated as it has no current updates. I would image it needs to be at -AL for everything to be happy so will try to get it networked scanned and updated and hopefully that does the trick.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Yes I think that might be the issue, the current CCM software on the module in the truck is a -AK and the IPMA in it looks to updated as it has no current updates. I would image it needs to be at -AL for everything to be happy so will try to get it networked scanned and updated and hopefully that does the trick.

I am interested in how it goes. My 22 is waiting for deliver. Copilot was removed by Ford, so this would be a great mod to bring back some of the features that were removed. It also is connected nav deleted so anxious to see if that will cause any issues with the mod.
Thanks for all the work!

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I am interested in how it goes. My 22 is waiting for deliver. Copilot was removed by Ford, so this would be a great mod to bring back some of the features that were removed. It also is connected nav deleted so anxious to see if that will cause any issues with the mod.
Thanks for all the work!
The jury is still out on this one at the moment, for me at least. However it should be possible once we get it all figured out.

Was about to give a update anyways so good timing. This weekend I was able to play around with things and wanted to try to force update my CCM. Using the beta programming version of Forscan along with my Mongoose, I was successfully able to do exactly that. The version for my CCM was -AK and FDRS showed no update for it even though -AL is the latest version. So using the beta version I was able to update it to the -AL software without issue. The process in the beta version is very identical to that of FDRS, so glad I was use to the whole experience from there as doing it the first time with the beta version would definitely have you sweating bullets. It seems the beta version can do some of the more simple modules, but nothing overly complex with the APIM or IPMA.

My plan now is to try and update the CCM in the 22 I'm working on to the -AL software and see if that helps our cause at all or not.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Thanks for all the work!
That's a $2,000 option that adds hardware to the truck. If Ford removed it due to the chip shortage you can't simply add it back with software.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
That's a $2,000 option that adds hardware to the truck. If Ford removed it due to the chip shortage you can't simply add it back with software.
Have you read the thread? Looks like adaptive cruise has been added back with a small hardware addition and software updates. Ironically in prior years many of the features for a 502a lariat were prewired in my 501a lariat. So adding some hardware with software updates and boom. I’ve got a ford pass TCU in a 2015, sync 3 and a heated wheel. All features the truck didn’t have. So as others have started to find here, some features maybe added with added hardware and software changes.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Have you read the thread? Looks like adaptive cruise has been added back with a small hardware addition and software updates. Ironically in prior years many of the features for a 502a lariat were prewired in my 501a lariat. So adding some hardware with software updates and boom. I’ve got a ford pass TCU in a 2015, sync 3 and a heated wheel. All features the truck didn’t have. So as others have started to find here, some features maybe added with added hardware and software changes.
Glad you said it and not me 😁 In this case it simply takes software... and some hardware.

With enough ambition, will, time, and a little money here and there, anything is possible.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I may have spoke a little premature, I thought Co-pilot Assist 2.0 and Co-pilot Active 2.0 were the same thing. So I wasn't sure how you'd plan to add the necessary servers or motors to steer the vehicle and add the necessary radar needed for Blue Cruise.

Otherwise anyone who paid $2,000 for the option could have opted not to have it and then enabled it with Forscan for like $150. I don't think Ford would let that happen.
Sponsored