First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Happy New Years everyone! Just thought I'd throw this out there what I ran across yesterday, but looks like @SoundsGoodStereo has been hard at work this fall on an awesome behind the seat sub box that doesn't hamper the back seat functionality at all! This is exactly what I've been looking for as before the MTI box with spacers and brackets was about the only other option. Looks like you can get just the loaded enclosure or a whole plug and play setup as well with amp. I'm curious though as to how they hook in the kicker key amp, it they tap into the sub speaker output or tap into the door speakers instead coming out of the amp? I'm very seriously looking into the plug and play system and will be curious what others think of it once they start getting them out in the wild.

https://soundsgoodstereo.com/collec...cluding-unleashed?_pos=3&_fid=6b2b79a3c&_ss=c
https://soundsgoodstereo.com/collec...fer-enclosure-box?_pos=1&_fid=55fefb653&_ss=c

Sponsored

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
I'm curious though as to how they hook in the kicker key amp, it they tap into the sub speaker output or tap into the door speakers instead coming out of the amp?
We are using the factory subwoofer signal and the Kicker Key amplifier will correct the factory signal with its built-in DSP. We load in the matching amplifier (Unleashed), pre-program the Key amplifier, and fully test the subwoofer package. Then we remove it from the truck and ship it your way. That way everything is set and verified.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Just wondering why no one seems to be using the 1212 plug (circled in image)? Is it because it is disabled by default or some other reason?

1667395611122.png
That plug is used for trucks equipped with rear heated seats.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
We are using the factory subwoofer signal and the Kicker Key amplifier will correct the factory signal with its built-in DSP. We load in the matching amplifier (Unleashed), pre-program the Key amplifier, and fully test the subwoofer package. Then we remove it from the truck and ship it your way. That way everything is set and verified.
This looks like a great solution! I don't need much, but I've been completely underwhelmed with the sub in the 8-speaker B&O system. My 2020 Ranger B&O system sounded much better, imo.

Heh. I guess I should probably upgrade the door speakers as well

This truck is getting expensive...

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
That plug is used for trucks equipped with rear heated seats.
I thought that as well but when I looked it up that wasn't the case if I remember right. The rear heated seats have a breakout connector down below this from a different spot when they are equipped. I looked all over PTS for what this connector is and could find it in the diagram, but it never listed a connected number or what its for. I kinda figured something for the Unleashed amp but could be wrong there again.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
I thought that as well but when I looked it up that wasn't the case if I remember right. The rear heated seats have a breakout connector down below this from a different spot when they are equipped. I looked all over PTS for what this connector is and could find it in the diagram, but it never listed a connected number or what its for. I kinda figured something for the Unleashed amp but could be wrong there again.
Jesse confirmed that plug is for the rear heated seats, post #14 in this thread:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-factory-rear-heated-seats-to-22-lariat.11131/

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Just had the Kicker HS10 added to my non-unleashed B&O system today and am blown away at the difference it makes. I kept the factory sub and installed the Kicker behind the rear passenger seat. Besides that, I added nothing else to my set up. Was well worth the $300-and-some-odd dollars.
Do you see a big drop off (roll off....others talk about) of bass when you turn up volume? Do you think it needs the LC2 unit others are using? I rarely turn volume beyond like 16 as I am 70 yrs old and not into rattling my teeth and listen to tamer classic rock, etc......lol..... I have the unleashed B&O and sounds like the regular B&O system that you have probably use the same subwoofer B&O setup? I just ordered the 46HS10 Kicker Hideaway 10" and was going to just piggyback onto those wires after the B&O amp that goes into the B&O speaker and leave factory setup connected. I have the folding under seat storage option so I may have to trim out the plastic just off center so I have a spot to mount the unit flat on floor. If it is tipped up against back wall, the seat hits the unit when folded down into seating position. I guess I can always add the LC2 or Kickers own unit at a later time if it needs it. I wonder if a resistor in series with center channel speaker would reduce its loudness as many seem to say it is too loud verses the other speakers and some have even disconnected it. Appreciate any feedback! .......... After reading more ......sounds like mounting sub where tire jack was located behind passenger rear seat is way to go!

Last edited:

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Yeah their is some roll off but I'm not pushing the volume past 15 generally so it's not a huge issue. The hs10 is not going to give you the bass of a traditional sub though, so I'd look elsewhere if that's what you're looking for. To me, it just boosted the bass to another level, to what I expected the b&o system to have in the first place.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
The Kicker KEY5001, has this same features inside as the KEYLOC, but then gives you the 500 watts as well.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
There is roll off like any factory system, but I think the bigger issue is the ANC (active noise cancellation) with either B&O setup. I thought I was hearing things to begin with, but a few other threads on here sorta confirm it, but the mic and DSP in the cab will even start to dial back the bass after a few seconds if you notice. Play a really heavy bass song, or even just a low freq test tone, turn it up, and after a few seconds you will here it get quieter. I haven't messed with it yet but you can go in with Forscan and disable it, but hopefully that doesn't hamper the system more overall.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
The HS10 will help over the stock, be nice to get rid of the factory limitations and EQ

This would flatten all that out for you.

https://www.kicker.com/keyloc-smart-line-out-converter
My plan is I will mount the Kicker 10" hideaway vertically behind passenger side rear seat (after relocating jack) and leave room and wire slack so if the rolloff of bass is an issue, I can always add the Keyloc or LC2i or LC2i PRO unit. I will piggyback on to the "green plug" wires going to the B&O unleashed subwoofer for signal, leaving factory sub hooked up. That way I will have both subs running. Hasn't arrived from Crutchfield yet.

Bobcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Ford F-150 Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system BE508012-A992-4EA4-98C1-3148652C1D2A
I swapped in a Kicker HS10 in place of the stock B&O sub (8 speaker) and when I get it sounding good from the front seat, it is WAY overpowering in the back, which is an issue since my toddler rides with me a lot. I know that SGS will (rightly) say that this is why you need an enclosure tuned for the cab, but as I was brainstorming a solution I realized that the Kicker might fit in the console. I unplugged it and dropped it in just to see if it would fit and it just barely does. I would build a platform for underneath it so that it sits level and probably use some rubber or silicone to isolate vibrations, but can anyone think of a reason (other than possibly rattling the crap of anything I have on the console tray) that this isn’t a good idea?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Well that's certainly one interesting place to put the sub. On a side note this picture is a testament to just how cavernous the center console storage is... :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN