Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
I just installed the Kicker HS10 to a non B&O system. I changed the factory speakers with plug and play aftermarket and sounds a lot better.

does anyone know the forscan parameters that should be changed for external sub setup?
Sponsored

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 F150, 12 Mustang, 21 F150 Super Cab
I just installed the Kicker HS10 to a non B&O system. I changed the factory speakers with plug and play aftermarket and sounds a lot better.

does anyone know the forscan parameters that should be changed for external sub setup?
dont think anyone been able to figure out foscan for the audio yet.

BCrippsy38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
From what i have seen, it should fit behind the seat. I too have the under seat storage. I plan on pulling the factory sub to free up space. I rolled the dice, kicker HS10 has pre amp filter and speaker level so im going to try with out loc, if its still not great then ill drop in an loc.
Pulled the trigger on the HS10, I'll be waiting on warmer weather as well but taking the same approach. Also from what I've read the factory amp has to stay there, its just the factory sub that can come out. I assume the high level inputs would come from the factory sub speaker terminal.

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
dont think anyone been able to figure out foscan for the audio yet.

i figured it out. Anyone installing a subwoofer should change the following in forscan

727-01-01 xxxx x*xx xx--
*A

after changing the parameter, the overall sound and sub level is awesome

Sponsored

BCrippsy38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i figured it out. Anyone installing a subwoofer should change the following in forscan

727-01-01 xxxx x*xx xx--
*A

after changing the parameter, the overall sound and sub level is awesome
Not sure if this helps ppl in this thread as its for the B&O non-unleashed. You mentioned previously you don't have a B&O, the forscan values are most likely different.

dm5point0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
UPS

BCrippsy38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Damn $40 for a piece of plastic, that's steep! Does that require an RCA conversion for the Kicker HS10 as well?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
HS10 can use RCA or speaker leads, high level.

That $40 is good for the money, sure you can make an ugly one, or Id have a nice fitted one on a $50K truck myself :)

BCrippsy38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes the HS10 takes high and low level input but I don't believe it comes with RCA connectors, you would need to purchase an adapter.

Eh, a cover for something that is hidden behind the seat doesn't need to look good

Sponsored

dm5point0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
UPS
Damn $40 for a piece of plastic, that's steep! Does that require an RCA conversion for the Kicker HS10 as well?
I already have some RCAs that I was going to wire into the Kicker, so it fit my build. I looked up getting the pigtail from Ford to do my own...and it wasn't much cheaper.

BCrippsy38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I already have some RCAs that I was going to wire into the Kicker, so it fit my build. I looked up getting the pigtail from Ford to do my own...and it wasn't much cheaper.
Using that factory pigtail is the way to go for a cleaner install as well as returning to stock if selling the truck.
Look forward to seeing how the install turns out.

Tldx07

First Name
TYLER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Following- I have a hideaway I wanted to run also. Assuming it’s better than the stock sub with B&O non unleashed.

if I’m following correctly it’s removing the stock sub, taking those leads and using one of those adapters from SGS to run the hideaway. Would love to see a finished product. Thanks
Sponsored