First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
@mnstang this video is for you. Hopefully this gives you more reassurance that you will be rust free for many years to come.

lol I don’t often make videos but would be happy to field any questions with pics or videos while you 6/21 week guys are waiting.

Good luck to everyone!

FYI-My dealer told me the carriers are working/driving over the weekend.

Man that does put me at ease. That is say and night difference from what mine looked like that was built in January. I’m glad I declined my first one and reordered!! Enjoy that truck and thanks for the video!
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Thank you for the video, that’s great news!

Not sure at what point you can add your truck to FordPass but it let me add mine this morning (first time I actually tried).

It of course doesn’t have much at this point, other than the very basics (maintenance schedule, etc) the only F150 specific function that shows in the menu is the trailer light check.

jhopkinson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2013 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Tech Director
So my truck was built on the 22nd and is awaiting shipping since then. I'm only 3 hours from the plant and my original ETA last week was 7/2 but a day later it was changed to 7/26. I just checked and my dealer has 9 trucks ordered and all have a blend dates withing the next two weeks. I'm now wondering if they are waiting to ship mine so they can ship it with the others.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
So my truck was built on the 22nd and is awaiting shipping since then. I'm only 3 hours from the plant and my original ETA last week was 7/2 but a day later it was changed to 7/26. I just checked and my dealer has 9 trucks ordered and all have a blend dates withing the next two weeks. I'm now wondering if they are waiting to ship mine so they can ship it with the others.
I don’t think that’s how they do it. But I could be wrong. Could be some options you selected. But that seems unlikely since they have been sailing through quickly. Dearborn I’m assuming?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Anyone else get their status set to built yet? Hoping for my update tomorrow or Monday.

Sponsored

jhopkinson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2013 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Tech Director
I don’t think that’s how they do it. But I could be wrong. Could be some options you selected. But that seems unlikely since they have been sailing through quickly. Dearborn I’m assuming?
Yes Dearbron. I don't have any special options, not sure why it is being held up. My dealer called me Friday and said truck is ready just waiting on shipping. Not really all that big of deal provided it comes then, it's just odd being so close and all.

Bigboypants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazdaspeed 6, Gmc Yukon, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus
Ordered May 11th
Window sticker June 15
Blend June 24
window sticker updated June 22
window sticker updated again June 23
early this morning said it was built June 24
now awaiting shipping to dealer.
Says July 12, arrival at dealer.
Hope it’s sooner, but can’t complain
Truck is sailing through the system, so far!
I dont understand this, my order was far earlier than yours ( march 23) and all i have Eta 1990/01/01, no build or blend dates, no window sticker, nothing at all. Im not saying that you should not get your truck faster than me getting mine it is just so annoying that i dont have much info for mine and dealer also have nothing for me.

Dumore

First Name
Du
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 EB
I dont understand this, my order was far earlier than yours ( march 23) and all i have Eta 1990/01/01, no build or blend dates, no window sticker, nothing at all. Im not saying that you should not get your truck faster than me getting mine it is just so annoying that i dont have much info for mine and dealer also have nothing for me.
No way to tell what the holdup is without seeing the visibility report from the dealer. Pressure them.
My order was 03/11 and received verification the order was received about two days later.
The tracker showed in production from 05/08 but the KCAP was shut down 05/03 - 06/14. My ETA was 1990 until everything seemed to update and the truck was produced according to the Visibility report updated 06/25.

Again, pressure your sales guy or the sales manager for a screenshot of the Visibility report on your truck.

Du

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
The timing of these orders are hard to understand. My dealer told me, when I ordered it, they had allocation available when my order was placed. I don’t know what that means? Maybe each dealer is allowed so many new orders, during these crazy times. I use a great local, small dealer. They are old school in their approach. Owner is 86 years old, ordered mine and agreed to pay just under invoice price. No financial manager, no paperwork fees, no advertising fees.
the Ford tracker says it will be delivered by July 12. My dealer said the same thing. They got two trucks in this past week. One was ordered in March they told me.
Check with your dealer and ask what they think

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
The timing of these orders are hard to understand. My dealer told me, when I ordered it, they had allocation available when my order was placed. I don’t know what that means? Maybe each dealer is allowed so many new orders, during these crazy times. I use a great local, small dealer. They are old school in their approach. Owner is 86 years old, ordered mine and agreed to pay just under invoice price. No financial manager, no paperwork fees, no advertising fees.
the Ford tracker says it will be delivered by July 12. My dealer said the same thing. They got two trucks in this past week. One was ordered in March they told me.
Check with your dealer and ask what they think
I ordered from a similar type of dealer and got through in record time. I think you actually fare better at a small dealer because I doubt they ever fill whatever their allocations are and probably get more of their trucks moving through on time than one doing dozens of custom orders per month. Jude a guess but would sort of make sense.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Thank you for the video, that’s great news!

Not sure at what point you can add your truck to FordPass but it let me add mine this morning (first time I actually tried).

It of course doesn’t have much at this point, other than the very basics (maintenance schedule, etc) the only F150 specific function that shows in the menu is the trailer light check.
@Merccat funny you mention this Ford pass app. I also added my tuck weeks in advance with little to no visibility. Then once it was built there was an activate button that appeared on the app. I hit the button and of course nothing happened. However once the truck was delivered to my dealer this past week I assume they activated the modem on the truck and I got an email saying the truck had been added. Then about an hour later the coolest thing happened… it was like my truck had been brought to life. I could see the oil change, tire psi, fuel level, and even the truck location. All that was available and I hadn’t even seen the truck yet. I was able to pick it up shoertly afterwards.
FYI- the dealer will ask for your phone to initiate the remote lock/unlock and remote stop feature.

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
Shipped!! Status changed from built to shipped this morning. Sweet!
Arrival July 6 to 12.
Dearborn to NE Wisconsin. My dealer said they believe the truck will ship by rail to Chicago, then trucked up to them. I hope it arrives safe and sound!

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
Shipped!! Status changed from built to shipped this morning. Sweet!
Arrival July 6 to 12.
Dearborn to NE Wisconsin. My dealer said they believe the truck will ship by rail to Chicago, then trucked up to them. I hope it arrives safe and sound!
Congratulations!!

PowerboostPlatty214

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Car Sales
Long time lurker, but excited to say my 2021 Platinum Powerboost has been shipped!!
Order Date 5/8/2021
Blend Date 06/23/2021
Built 06/23/2021
Shipped 06/24/2021
ETA 07/11 - 07/17
Work in sales at a Ford dealership in Dallas so I am tracking it religiously in our system! Currently on a train going through Flatrock, MI! Expecting it a lot sooner!

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
Long time lurker, but excited to say my 2021 Platinum Powerboost has been shipped!!
Order Date 5/8/2021
Blend Date 06/23/2021
Built 06/23/2021
Shipped 06/24/2021
ETA 07/11 - 07/17
Work in sales at a Ford dealership in Dallas so I am tracking it religiously in our system! Currently on a train going through Flatrock, MI! Expecting it a lot sooner!
Nice! You get to track the route. Hope it travels with no trouble.
Congratulations.
Sponsored